Revision as of 19:13, 9 May 2008 by Aldus Marius Peregrinus
Marcus Moravius Piscinus Horatianus
Titus Iulius Sabinus
|Consul||Marcus Moravius Piscinus Horatianus||Titus Iulius Sabinus|
|Praetor||Marcus Curiatius Complutensis||Marcus Iulius Severus|
|Censor||Caeso Fabius Buteo Modianus||Tiberius Galerius Paulinus|
|Aedilis Curulis||Publius Memmius Albucius|
|Aedilis Plebis||Publius Constantinus Placidus|
|Quaestor||Titus Arminius Genialis||Lucius Vitellius Triarius|
|Quaestor||Lucius Salix Cicero||Quintus Fabius Maximus|
|Quaestor||Aula Tullia Scholastica||Gnaeus Cornelius Lentulus|
|Quaestor||Equestria Iunia Laeca||Marca Hortensia Maior|
|Tribunus Plebis||Titus Flavius Aquila||Quintus Valerius Callidus|
|Tribunus Plebis||Lucia Livia Plauta||Quintus Iulius Probus|
|Tribunus Plebis||Quintus Arrius Nauta|
|Magister aranearius||Quintus Valerius Callidus||Marcus Lucretius Agricola|
|Editor commentariorum||Marcus Minucius Audens||Caeso Fabius Buteo Modianus|
|Rogator||Lucius Rutilius Minervalis||Gnaeus Equitius Marinus|
|Custos||Stephanus Ullerius Venator Piperbarbus|
|Diribitor||Gaius Aemilius Crassus||Sextus Postumius Albus|
|Diribitor||Gaius Iulius Adventor||Marcus Martianius Lupus|
- MMDCCLXI First quarter treasury report
- MMDCCLXI Second quarter treasury report
- MMDCCLXI Third quarter treasury report
- MMDCCLXI Fourth quarter treasury report
- America Austroccidentalis - Legata pro praetore Arnamentia Moravia Aurelia
- America Austrorientalis - Legatus pro praetore Fl. Galerius Aurelianus
- America Boreoccidentalis - Legata pro praetore Julilla Sempronia Magna
- America Medioccidentalis Superior - Legata pro praetore C. Sempronia Graccha Volentia
- Argentina - Legatus pro praetore D. Cassius Lupus.
- Asia Citerior - Legata pro praetore C. Iulia Felix
- Asia Ulterior - Legatus pro praetore M. Lucretius Agricola
- Australia - Legatus pro praetore M. Flavius Aurelius
- Brasilia - Legatus pro praetore T. Arminius Genialis
- Britannia -Legatus pro praetore A. Apollonius Cordus
- California -vacat - contact the consuls for details.
- Canada Ulterior - Legatus pro praetore Cn. Iulius Caesar
- Canada Citerior - Legatus pro praetore L. Aurelius Severus until prid. Kal. Nov. ‡.
- Dacia - Consul T. Iulius Sabinus
- Gallia - Legatus pro praetore P. Memmius Albucius
- Germania - Legatus pro praetore T. Flavius Aquila
- Hibernia - vacat - contact the consuls for details.
- Hispania - Praetor M. Curiatius Complutensis
- Italia - Praefectus Italiae Fr. Apulus Caesar
- Lacus Magni - Proconsul K. Fabius Buteo Modianus
- Mediatlantica - Proconsul Ti. Galerius Paulinus
- Mexico - Praetor M. Iulius Severus
- Nova Britannia - Legata pro praetore Annia Minucia Marcella / Legatus pro praetore Ti. Horatius Barbatus starting with Kal. Dec. ‡.
- Pannonia - Legatus pro praetore Cn. Cornelius Lentulus
- Sarmatia - Legatus pro praetore M. Octavius Corvus
- Thule - Legatus pro praetore C. Curius Saturninus
- Venedia -vacat - contact the consuls for details.
For the calendar for this year, see Fasti MMDCCLXI.
- Officina Consulum MMDCCLXI Office of the Consules.
- Officina Praetoris MMDCCLXI Office of the Praetores.
- Officina Censorum MMDCCLXI Office of the Censores.
- Aedilitas curulis MMDCCLXI Office of the Aediles Curules.
- K. Fabius Buteo Modianus issues Edictum II censoris de censu anni MMDCCLX.
- M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus reports on the Inaugural auspicium for MMDCCLXI.
- New magistrates take the Oath of office.
- M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus performs the annual Consular Sacrificial Ceremony
- M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus performs the Annua Sacra, opening the Senate.
- T. Iulius Sabinus assigned quaestores to magistrates.
- M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus called the Senate into session.
- Consules issues Edictum consulare de Feriis Sementis.
- C. Iulius Scaurus resigns as pontifex, pullarius, and as a citizen. 
Main article: Purge of MMDCCLXI (Nova Roma)
- After seven years as a Senator, Marcus Octavius Gracchus resigns from the Senate, citing "scheming and paranoia".
- Collegium Pontificum session concluded on a.d. IV Id. Feb. ‡
- Ludi Lupercalenses was presented by aediles curules and their cohors.
- The Senate votes on several issues, including the celebration of Concordialia on the Kalends of Martius.
- Gnaeus Salvius Astur resigns from the Senate and Collegium Pontificum.
- Praetor M. Iulius Severus announces that the petitio actionis of Marcus Moravius Piscinus Horatianus Consul against Lucius Equitius Cincinnatus Augur, Pontifex et Augur, will be accepted by the Praetores' Office in the first legally available date.
- Lucius Equitius Cincinnatus fails to comply with the Senatus Consultum regarding mailing lists. Praetor M. Curiatius Complutensis accepts the petitio actionis  of Caeso Fabius Buteo Modianus against Lucius Equitius Cincinnatus and appoints a panel of judges . Without Cincinnatus offering a defense, Praetor M. Curiatius Complutensis issues a sentence against L. Equitius Cincinnatus. He is stripped of his agnomen and titles and fined.
- The Collegium Pontificum votes to remove Pater Patriae Marcus Cassius Julianus from the office of Pontifex Maximus (which he himself had created), ten years to the day after his founding of Nova Roma. Cassius deleted the Collegium Pontificum mailing list and was removed as Pontifex as well.
- The 6th edition of the Vox Romana podcast is released.
- The Comitia Curiata witnesses three new appointments: Marca Hortensia Maior as Sacerdota Mentis, Caeso Fabius Buteo Quintilianus as Flamen Palatualis, and Quintus Valerius Poplicola as Flamen Falacer.
- Ludi Conditorum was presented by aediles curules and their cohors.
- Concordialia MMDCCLXI
- Tribune L. Livia Plauta calls for an election to fill the vacancy in the office of Plebeian Aedile.
- Flavius Galerius Aurelianus is appointed Pontifex Maximus pro tempore by pontifical decree.
- Patricia Cassia, Senatrix, resigns her citizenship, citing no reasons: "At this time it seems fitting for me to resign from Nova Roma. I wish you all well." 
- Praetor M. Curiatius Complutensis accepts the petitio actionis  of M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus against Lucius Equitius Cincinnatus and appoints a panel of judges. During the trial M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus and the advocate of L. Equitius Cincinnatus, Ti.Galerius Paulinus, presented the evidences. The Iudices individually issued their sentences and the tribunal's majority decision was "CONDEMNO". (7 CONDEMNO + 3 ABSOLVO): L. Equitius Cincinnatus was inhabilitated for a period of two years and fined. (Read the complete text of Sententia here).
- Megalesia dedicated to Magna Mater was organized by aediles curules and their cohors.
- Ludi Cereales dedicated to Ceres was organized by plebeian aedile P. Constantinius Placidus.
- The VI Conventus Novae Romae was officially announced.
- C. Ambrosius Artorus Iustinus resigns from the offices of Flamen Volturanlis and Neptuni Aedes Sacerdos citing personal reasons.
- Diana Octavia Aventina resigns as Veneris Aedis Sacerdos seemingly in protest over recent events. When questioned about why she did not honor Venus on behalf of Nova Roma for the Veneralia she stated, "I did, at home, but not in the name of Nova Roma, especially considering that I would rather have some of you be granted a Darwin Award rather than receive any blessings of Venus."
- Aelius Solaris Marullinus, acting as Magister Populi Feriarum Latinarum causa on behalf of consules M. Moravius Piscinus and T. Iulius Sabinus, re-established the rites of Jupiter Latiaris on Mont Albano at the Feriae Latinae. Rites for Jupiter Latiaris were held by the Temple Religio Romana in Oregon and by Religio Terranova in the Philadelphia, Pa. area; officials and members of Nova Roma, the Societas Via Romana and The Roman Way met to celebrate the Feriae Latinae and Parilia in Austin, Texas; and others joined in the rites to Jupiter Latiaris in other parts of the world, making this year's Feriae Latinae the first global celebration organised by Nova Roma to be joined in by other Roman organizations. Appropriately for a celebration of ancient alliances, most of the participants were concurrent members of Nova Roma and at least one other such group.