Aulus Apollonius Cordus (Nova Roma)
Cordus studied sculpture at Chelsea College of Art, gained a degree in ancient and modern history from Oxford University, and currently lives in London where he is studying to become a barrister.
He has held a number of elected and appointed public offices. He has been a member of the provincial government of provincia Britannia (whenever there has been one) since K. Fabio T. Labieno cos. ‡ MMDCCLVI a.u.c..
Cordus knows something about Roman republican law (ancient and modern), particularly public law, and has been Decanus Facultatis Iuris (Director of the Faculty of Law) at the Academia Thules. He speaks Latin moderately well and is a former magister of the sodalitas Latinitatis. From time to time he writes plays, mostly on classical subjects, and has been musaeus of the collegium Melpomenes in the sodalitas Musarum. He has participated in various projects including the effort to design and mint a new sestertius and Vox Romana, the Roman podcast.
He has now retired, at least temporarily, from public life in Nova Roma, writing to friends in Feb. M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. that the 'main list', the written laws, and the political institutions of Nova Roma were at that time 'actually making it *harder*, not easier, to live a more Roman life'.
- M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c. to consules M. Moravius and T. Iulius
- L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. to consules L. Arminius and Ti. Galerius
- Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c. to consul C. Laenas
- K. Fabio T. Labieno cos. ‡ MMDCCLVI a.u.c. to consul K. Buteo
- L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. to rogator Cn. Lentulus
- C. Buteone Po. Minucia cos. ‡ MMDCCLIX a.u.c. to censor Cn. Equitius and praetor Ti. Galerius
- Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c. to censores K. Buteo and Cn. Equitius
- K. Fabio T. Labieno cos. ‡ MMDCCLVI a.u.c. to praetor Cn. Salvius