Aediles are public magistrates charged with maintaining public services such as roads, water supply, public buildings. They also protect the public safety and oversee marketplaces. The most visible function, however, is in the staging of public games (ludi).
There are in total four aediles, two "curule aediles" and two "plebeian aediles" in Nova Roma. They are elected each year and serve one year terms. All candidates must be assidui and additionally only plebeians may run for plebeian aedile.
There are in total four aediles, two Curule Aediles and two Plebeian Aediles.
The domain of authority of the aediles includes:
- Ludi : organizing and watching upon our virtual or real games
- Other festivals
- Other events
- Public religious events : maintaining the order
- Real public facilities properties of the State : maintenance.
- Equites: maintenance of the ordo equester list and regulation of the trade inside Nova Roma
- Macellum: our marketplace, which includes every venue where our Equites are engaged in commerce within Nova Roma property.
- Aedilician Fund: to manage the fund to finance its projects.