Special commands in Nova Roma
The senate of Nova Roma is able to grant special commands to magistrates promagistrates overarching several or all provinces of Nova Roma. These officers may be the governors of those provinces or may be specially appointed promagistrates only for the purpose of (reenactment) military command and administrative state command.
The current special commanders, generals of supra-provincial reenactment and ceremonial armies of Nova Roma are:
- Sex. Lucilius Tutor imperator, as proconsul, with command over 9 legions, that is, over the legions in all provinces that are not under the imperium of legatus pro praetore Cn. Cornelius Lentulus or proconsul T. Domitius Draco: the Cohors II Legionis X Fretensis in Australia, and the allied Legio I Italica as co-commander-in-chief with praetor C. Petronius, and Legio XIII Comitatensis - Tertiodecimani in Thracia, the allied Legio II Augusta, legio X Fretensis and Legio XII Fulminata in Australia, the allied Legio III Cyrenaica in Nova Britannia, the allied Legio V Alaudae in America Cismississippiana, the allied Legio XI Claudia Pia Fidelis in California.
- T. Domitius Draco imperator, as proconsul, with comamnd over 2 legions: the allied Legio VI and Legio XXIV Media Atlantia in Provincia America Noveboracensis et Mediatlantica regardless of his status as governor there.
- Cn. Cornelius Lentulus imperator, as dux, proquaestor et legatus pro praetore, with command over 12 legions, commanding the armies in the provinces under his imperium: the Legio XXI Rapax, Cohors I Atilia, Cohors I Ulpia Pannoniorum, Cohors VI Carpathica in Pannonia, and the Legio XX Valeria Victrix Germanica in Germania, the allied Legio I Adiutrix in Dacia, Legio IX Hispana in Hispania, Legio XIII Gemina in America Transmississippiana, Legio XIV Comitatensis - Quartodecimani, Legio XX Valeria Victrix in Britannia, Cohors VI Raetorum in Germania, the and the friend of Nova Roma, the Legio II Adiutrix in Pannonia.
- P. Porcius Licinus imperator, currently as praetor, but independently from his office as praetor, as he was granted praetorian imperium, and the title legatus pro praetore, and command as legal assistant co-commander-in-chief over all legions that are commanded by proconsul Sex. Lucilius Tutor. P. Licinus is the assistant co-commander (adiutor) of Sex. Lucilius. This means the same 9 units that are assigned under the imperium of Lucilius proconsul.
- C. Petronius Stephanus Turpilianus, as praetor, is the extraordinary co-commander-in-chief over 2 legions: the Legio I Italica in Thracia together with Sex. Lucilis proconsul, and the co-commander of the Legio XX Valeria Victrix with Cn. Lentulus legatus pro praetore, to which legion he has a permanent appointment regardless of his magistracy as praetor.
- C. Flavius Constantinus Aeneas Stilicho, as legatus pro praetore exercitus reconstructivi p. N. R. tardae antiquitatis, commissioner with praetorian power commanding the Late Roman Special Reenactment Forces of Nova Roma, serving as assistant co-commander-in-chief (adiutor) over 2 legions: the allied Legio XIII Comitatensis - Tertiodecimani in Thracia and Legio XIV Comitatensis - Quartodecimani in Germania. His command is subject to the higher command of the provincial governors of Thracia and Germania.
In the past, an extensive special command was given, and complete consular power, to Cn. Lentulus Alexander, also known as Lentulus the Elder.