Citizens' achievements and projects
Listed here (in no particular order) are various achievements and projects hosted, or offered, by our many citizens in Nova Roma. Be sure to also see the various cultural impacts that Nova Roma has made directly.
JEWELS FOR REENACTMENT
- Replica beads and Jewellery. Custom orders welcome.
ON THE STOA
- A podcast on Stoicism.
Presented by Nova Roma citizen T. Marius Habitus, this regular podcast discusses Stoicism, the 2000-year-old philosophy that has nurtured and guided some of the greatest men and women in history, as well as ways you can utilize this philosophy to live a more fruitful and meaningful life.
- Listen on Spotify.
- Latin through modern conversations.
Put together by Latinist and Senator, Hortensia Faustina, this e-book teaches Latin like a modern language. Enjoy the story of college students Annika, Cordus, Astur, and Hortensia as they order pizza, study, play computer games, and go to parties. Use it to make the leap to orality in Latin.
- Visit the website.
SCHOLA LATINA EUROPAEA & UNIVERSALIS
- Learn to speak with ease!
A external formal Latin language school online, taught by experienced Latinists, like senior Nova Roma citizen, A. Tullia Scholastica.
- Visit the website to enroll. (Select English on the page or use the in-line Google translate as required).
PUBLISHED WORKS: CODEX CATAPULTAE & HISTORICAL TABLE TOP MODELS
- Make learning fun and a little bit destructive.
A great addition to anyone's library who wants to learn about the history of catapults and the men who played a part in their development, as well as build some table replicas. Authored by Provincia Australia citizen Q. Marius Faber.
- Purchase a copy from Amazon. Codex Catapultae: Book About Catapults, and Historical-Table-Top-Catapult-Models.
- Your free bi-monthly Roman podcast.
Vox Romana is a free podcast about all things Roman. With contributions from notable Nova Roma citizens, such as: A. Apollonius Cordus, M. Horatius Piscinus, A. Gratius Garseius Avitus, Cn. Salvius Astur, L. Arminius Faustus, P. Memmius Albucius and A. Tullia Scholastica.
- Visit the website.
PUBLISHED WORKS: A SLAVE'S STORY - A TRILOGY
- A journey of life, love, discovery, and death in Roman Asia Minor.
By citizen C. Caristanius Theodorus, this fictional trilogy is a well researched narrative, praised by historical scholars for the accuracy of the time period.
- Visit the blog and purchase the trilogy on his website.
THE ROMAN TWITCH CHANNEL
- Your home on Twitch for live broadcasts on all things Roman.
Managed and owned by citizen D. Aurelius Ingeniarius, this channel on the Twitch platform now hosts a growing selection of Roman and classical themed content. D. Aurelius is inducting more contributing streamers which will bring more diverse content at various times to suit our global Nova Roma audience. Watch Roman themed games, political discussions, Roman influenced crafting, cooking, literature reviews and interviews. This channel now generates revenue which goes back to supporting Nova Roma and its activities!
- Find out more about this official forum of Nova Roma: the Nova Roma Twitch Channel.
- Visit and Follow the channel to keep up-to-date for when they go live: https://www.twitch.tv/nova_roma
PUBLISHED WORKS: MOLA SALSA
- Lecturer, Tutor, and Honorary Fellow in the School of Historical and Philosophical Studies, University of Melbourne, Australia.
Provincia Australia citizen, T. Sentia Silvana, holds a Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art from Monash University, Graduate and Postgraduate Diplomas in Classics and Archaeology and a PhD in Aegean Archaeology from the University of Melbourne.
- See all her published works here on her University of Melbourne profile page.
- See Roman influenced articles like Mola Salsa: Sacred Flour from the Hearth of Rome’s Vestal Virgins on her blog, Necropolis Now.
AUTHENTIC ROMAN LIVING CASTRUM
- A living history facility enabling research into Roman military life in a 1st century fort.
Lead by D. Marcius Vulpes, praefecto regionis Cenomaniae and Castrum Novae Britanniae Project Owner and Manager, the Nova Roma region of Cenomania within Provincia Nova Britannia is establishing an authentic reconstruction of a 1st century Roman Military fort. Based on research of archaeological excavations of Roman forts in Britain, the reconstructed fort will meet the high re-enactment and living history standards. As they walk through the main gates, visitors will be taken back to a time when the Roman Army was expanding the empire and will be able to experience life as it might have been in Roman times.
- Keep up-to-date on the project and donate on the project GoFundMe Page.
RES GESTAE TRANSLATION & ROMAN CALENDAR
- Two excellent pieces of work that is being shared with the Nova Roma community.
Senator C. Claudius Quadratus has put together two excellent pieces of work that is being shared with the Nova Roma community.
The yearly 12 monthly calendar contains information regarding festivals and events that took place on each date. In addition there is a list of emperors, dictators and usurpers, family trees, and an outline of the history of ancient Rome from the founding of the city through the death of Justinian.
His translation and vocabulary study of the 'Res Gestae' has three iterations of each section in various styles including one wherein long vowels are indicated with apices, words of more than two syllables have their accented syllables in bold type and all numbers and abbreviations are written out. The objective was to permit a smooth recitation of the the text with proper pronunciation and without having to pause at every number or consider the grammar of every abbreviation. Each section is followed by its pertinent vocabulary and there is a cumulative vocabulary after the final section indicating all of the sections in which each word appears.
- Email him at your leisure to obtain a copy of either of these pieces he offers freely: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ancient Roman fan. Writing a novel. All pics self-taken, no filter.
Long time citizen, D. Claudius Aquilius has a very popular Instagram account in his name with over 63K followers. There he shares amazing, authentic, unfiltered images of museum pieces, mosaics, artefacts and ancient sites from around the world. Thousands of images he has taken himself.
- Visit his Instagram account.
HELPING TO SAVE ROMAN LIVES
The Wild Hunt news site reports Nova Roma to have assisted saving lives of fellow Roman revivalists and members of Nova Roma and the Templum organization, see the article: