Areas (Nova Roma)
The Lex Vedia Provincialis outlines the powers and duties of the provincial governors. These powers, as one would expect, are limited to the boundaries of the province. As in antiquity, a provincial governor has the honour of being preceded by six lictors. Edicta may be proclaimed on matters solely related to the day to day management of the province. They may also appoint provincial officials, but they must follow guidelines set out by the Senate.
The structure of the provincial government varies greatly depending upon the existing conditions of the provincia. Several provinces cross national and linguistic boundaries and thus officials may be appointed to reflect this. Other provinces are geographically large or have isolated populations. There are no real laws concerning organisation of provincial government other than the Lex Vedia Provincialis. This creates a flexible framework for the varying realities of the provinciae.
The governor of the province can be variously termed propraetor, proconsul, praetor, or consul; the title depends on previous offices held by the governor.
- "Propraetor" is used when a governor has held no previous elected magistracies or has previously been elected to varying magistracies with the exception of the consulate.
- "Proconsul" is used when a governor has previously been elected to the consulate.
- "Praetor" is used when a governor is a sitting praetor.
- "Consul" is used when a governor is a sitting consul.
Provinciae of Nova Roma
- America Austroccidentalis
- (American Southwest) http://amaust.romanrepublic.org/
- America Austrorientalis
- (American Southeast) http://austrorientalis.bravehost.com/
- America Boreoccidentalis
- (American Northwest) http://ambor.novaroma.org
- America Medioccidentalis Superior
- (America North/Central) http://www.ams-province.org
- (Argentina) http://argentina.novaroma.org
- Asia Occidentalis
- (Western Asia)
- Asia Orientalis
- (Eastern Asia)
- (Brazil) http://www.marcius.felix.nom.br
- (Great Britain) http://www.britannia-provincia.co.uk
- (California, Hawaii, Nevada) http://www.angelfire.com/empire/martiana/provincia/index.html
- Canada Occidentalis
- (Western Canada) http://www.canadaoccidentalis.org
- Canada Orientalis
- (Eastern Canada) http://www.canada-orientalis.org
- (Romania) http://www.dacia-novaroma.org/
- (Belgium, France, Netherlands) http://www.fr-novaroma.com/Admin/html/index.php?newlang=english
- (Austria, Germany, Switzerland) http://provincia-germania.hanenberg-media-webdesign.com
- (Ireland and Northern Ireland)
- (Portugal and Spain) http://www.nrhispania.org
- (Italy) http://italia.novaroma.org
- Lacus Magni
- (American Great Lakes area) http://romanrepublic.org/lacusmagni
- (American East/Central) http://mediatlantica.org
- Nova Britannia
- (American Northeast) http://www.novabritannia.org
- (Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovakia) http://www.nrpannonia.iweb.hu
- (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden) http://thule.novaroma.org