Welcome to the Nova Roma Wiki - a free online encyclopedia of Roman and Nova Roman topics. The wiki now contains 3,103 articles and 2,345 files.
Who may edit
Only citizens of Nova Roma can edit articles here. Any accounts held by non-citizens will be deleted and content removed.
- If you are a citizen and want a wiki account, contact one of the WikiMagisters.
- If you're not a citizen, you can learn about joining Nova Roma.
Guidelines for editing content
- Wiki mores Customs and traditions observed in the wiki.
- Article Names Choosing the right name for your article is an important step.
- Wiki Editing for Romans Covers the basics of creating wiki articles.
- Templates Templates make certain things easy. These are ours.
- Latin orthography The rules we use for spelling Latin words. Consistency is important.
- Advanced Wiki Editing for Romans Things that most editors won't need, but we explain them here anyway.
- Language Policies Read this if you will be translating any pages from English to any other language.
- Pages needing editing or translation .
- Getting started with translation A step-by-step guide that tells translators how to make articles that automatically link to other language versions of the same article.
- Project of the Nundinum. This nundinum: Religio Romana
- Tabularium and commentary on the laws.
- Provincial web sites. Provincial webmasters are invited to bring pages over to the wiki.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PARTICIPATE please join the mailing list NRWiki @ yahoogroups.com, and discuss what you'd like to work on; this way we can avoid duplication of effort. Some parts of the main site - particularly the Album Civium, Album Gentium, Album Senatorium, and related pages will *not* be wikified.