Lex Vedia de liberis civium (Nova Roma)
This lex is currently IN FORCE.
This lex is hereby enacted to amend the Constitution of Nova Roma in such manner as to extend certain rights of Citizenship to children of Citizens who are not sui juris in their domicile, and to undertake alterations to Constitutional mechanisms and institutions appropriate to such a change.
II. ((Amendment to chapter II.A))
Paragraph II.A. of the Constitution is hereby altered to read as follows:
- A. Citizenship
- 1. Any person 18 years old or older may apply for Citizenship.
- 2. Citizens may apply for Citizenship on behalf of their children or legal wards (as defined by relevant macronational law) under the age of 18. Such Citizens shall be known as impuberes.
- 3. Citizenship is open to anyone regardless of ethnic heritage, gender, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation.
- 4. Citizenship may be involuntarily revoked by those means that shall be established by law, or may be voluntarily relinquished by notification of the censors or by public statement before three or more witnesses.
- 5. Impuberes may have their Citizenship relinquished on their behalf by their parent or legal guardian (as defined by relevant macronational law) by notification of the censors or by public statement before three or more witnesses.
III. ((Amendment to chapter II.B))
Paragraph II.B. of the Constitution is hereby altered to read as follows:
- B. The following rights of the Citizens who have reached the age of 18 shall be guaranteed, but this enumeration shall not be taken to exclude other rights that citizens may possess:
IV. ((Amendment to chapter II.D.3))
Paragraph II.D.3. of the Constitution is hereby altered to read as follows:
- 3. Each gens shall, through whatever means it may determine appropriate, have a paterfamilias (fem. materfamilias) who shall act as the leader of the gens and speak for it when necessary. The holder of this position must be registered as such with the censors. The paterfamilias may, at his or her discretion, expel members of their gens, or accept new members into it.
- a. The paterfamilias may, at his discretion, exercise the rights ennumerated in paragraph II.B. of this Constitution on behalf of impuberes in their gens, with the exception of the right to vote (paragraph II.B.3.) and the right to join the Ordo Equester (paragraph II.B.8.).
- b. No impuberes may become paterfamilias of a gens.
Section headers in double parentheses are unofficial and have been inserted for convenience.