Lex Octavia altera de comitiis centuriatis (Nova Roma)
This lex has been REPEALED.
This Lex is hereby enacted to set the number of centuries as required by Paragraph II.E.2 of the Constitution of Nova Roma, as amended by the Lex Octavia de comitiis centuriatis. In the event that the amendment does not pass, this lex shall be ineffective.
I. The number of centuries shall be determined by dividing the number of Assidui citizens by eight, rounding down. This calculation shall take place every time that a reallocation of centuries is performed by the Censores. If this calculation results in a number greater than 193, then there shall be only 193 centuries. If this calculation results in a number less than 51, there shall be exactly 51 centuries.
II. The Censores may determine the number of centuries in each class by edict, as previously established by the Lex Iunia centuriata. If the Censores choose not to do so, then the same proportions already in effect from the previous allocation shall be adhered to as closely as possible, in order to preserve the relative sizes of the classes. For purposes of this calculation, the century containing the Capite Censi shall be considered outside of any class.
III. The relative sizes of each class shall be initially set as follows:
- Class I: Twenty-Nine percent of the Assidui centuries.
- Class II: Twenty-Four percent of the Assidui centuries.
- Class III: Twenty percent of the Assidui centuries.
- Class IV: Sixteen percent of the Assidui centuries.
- Class V: Eleven percent of the Assidui centuries, plus one century reserved for the Capite Censi only.