Provincia Australia - Praetorium (Nova Roma)
|M. Claudius Nero|
legatus pro praetore
This page contains the edicts currently in force in Provincia Australia. Here you find the officers of the province:
Executive Provincial Staff
- temporary supervising proconsul cum maiore imperio - Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander (supreme governor)
- acting deputy supervisor quaestor et legatus - Cn. Cornelius Lentulus the Younger (deputy, supreme vice-governor)
- legatus pro praetore - M. Claudius Nero (governor)
- legatus proconsulis Cn. Lentuli Alexandri - D. Aurelius Ingeniarius (representative of the proconsular imperium)
- praefectus provinciae Australiae administrandae - D. Aurelius Ingeniarius (vice-governor)
General Provincial Staff
- Liaison to Allied Reenactment Unit, Legionis X Fretensis - C. Sempronius Aquila (in accordance with Memorandum of Understanding v1.5, signed Mar 2773 auc)
- Scriba to D Aurelius Ingeniarius Leg. Praef. and Provincia Australia Praetorium - C. Sempronius Aquila (Not official)
- Scriba to D Aurelius Ingeniarius Leg. Praef. and Provincia Australia Praetorium - C. Geminia Cicurina (Not official)
- Consiliarius to D Aurelius Ingeniarius Leg. Praef. and Provincia Australia Praetorium - Cn. Salvius Astur (Not official)
Edictum proconsulare de legione X Fretensi Australiano
Edict for the agreement between Legio X Fretensis Australiana and Nova Roma
I. Instructed by the senate, on the basis of my authorization as proconsul with greater imperium over certain provinces where I am not the actual governor, including Provincia Australia, I issue a special edict intervening into the internal matters of Australia in order to help and support the favourable developments in the province started by my Legatus D. Aurelius Ingeniarius Praefectus Provinciae Australiae Administrandae.
II. In accordance with version I.V of a Memorandum of Understanding, signed a.d. IX Kal. Apr Q. Arrio T. Domitio cos. MMDCCLXXIII a.u.c., Legio X Fretensis of the Ancient Roman Re-enactors Victoria (ARRV) is hereby declared an Autonomous Reenactment Unit (ARU) of the Exercitus Populi Novi Romani Quiritium.
III. Current serving Centurion and appointed lead field officer Centurio Marcus Claudius Calvus is hereby bestowed the political military office of Praefectus, and is to be hereby referred to as Centurio Marcus Claudius Calvus, Praefectus of the Legio X Fretensis within Nova Roma.
IV. The authority for such appointment and decree emanates from the Lex Aurelia De Legionibus and will remain in effect until either party retracts the Memorandum signed by all parties which outlines the specific application of this lex.
V. This edict is effective retroactively from a.d. IX Kal. Apr Q. Arrio T. Domitio cos. MMDCCLXXIII a.u.c. until the memorandum is rescinded by ARRV or Nova Roma.
Date: a.d. XVIII Kal. Mai. Q. Arrio (II) T. Domitio (III) cos., 14 April under Q. Arrius' 2nd and T. Domitius' 3rd consulship.
- Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander
- PROCONSUL CUM IMPERIO MAIORE
Edictum Proconsulare de rebus Provinciae Australiae intercedendis
I. Instructed by the senate, on the basis of my authorization as proconsul with greater imperium over certain provinces where I am not the actual governor, including Provincia Australia, I issue a special edict intervening into the internal matters of Australia in order to help and support the favorable developments in the province started by citizen D. Aurelius Ingeniarius.
II. D. Aurelius Ingeniarius started to develop an active local community of Nova Roma within Australia with promising success, entering contact with various Roman cultural organizations with the potential of alliance. As proconsul with supervising authority, I applaud and recognize the efforts of D. Aurelius. The governor of Australia, M. Claudius Nero legatus pro praetore is unfortunately incapacitated to conduct the necessary guiding and directing work and oversight, as he is located in a different geographical area, and as he is busy with other obligations and is currently unable to conduct fast and effective leadership, therefore I intervene with my imperium maius possessed over Australia and give the necessary authorizations to D. Aurelius Ingeniarius in order to build an active province of Nova Roma.
III. I hereby appoint citizen D. Aurelius Ingeniarius as my legatus in Australia, with the full title legatus proconsulis Cn. Lentuli Alexandri in Australia, and with the mandate to represent Nova Roma in my name and under proconsular power and authority. He has the special mandate to recruit citizens, recruit cooperating reenactment groups, and to establish a living and working community of Nova Romans in Australia.
IV. In addition to the previous office, I hereby appoint D. Aurelius Ingeniarius as the vice-governor of Provincia Australia, with the title praefectus provinciae Australiae administrandae. In this capacity, he reports to governor M. Nero legatus pro praetore Australiae, and secondarily, to me as his shared supervisor. His task is to govern Australia in lieu of the incapacitated governor, unless and until the governor becomes actively governing or instructs him otherwise. In case of need, I reserve the right to intervene, but intend not to, unless absolutely needed.
V. Oath of office is required, this edict takes effect immediately.
Date: Kal. Oct. Q. Arrio P. Annaeo coss.
- Cn. Cornelius Lentulus Alexander
- PROCONSUL CUM MAIORE IMPERIO