Welcome to the Nova Roma Wiki - a free online encyclopedia of Roman and Nova Roman topics. The wiki now contains 3,133 articles and 2,349 files. There are 78 articles in German, 239 articles in Spanish, 141 articles in French, 105 articles in Italian, 125 articles in Latin, 192 articles in Portuguese, 10 articles in Esperanto, 56 articles in Magyar, 54 articles in Romanian, 44 articles in Russian.
About this website
Who may edit
Only citizens of Nova Roma can edit articles here.
- If you are a citizen and already have a wiki editing account, you can log in here.
- If you are a citizen and want to help to edit this site, you can create a wiki account.
- If you are not a citizen, you can learn about joining Nova Roma.
On Editing the Wiki Pages
The Fourfold way is the basic set of steps used for all edits.
Step 1. Click the edit tab to start making your edits.
Step 2. Enter a note in the edit Summary so others know what you have done. A summary might be as simple as "fix typos", "add links" or "add photo". Not leaving a summary is very bad form.
Step 3. Show preview to check your changes. If it isn't right, go back and do more editing. Every time you save, you create a version of the page that will be saved forever. Unnecessary saves create unnecessary load when backing up the database. Be kind to the server and preview before saving.
Step 4. When you have checked everything, click Save page.
How to upload your photo
- See NovaRoma:Submit Citizen Photo for instructions on uploading your Album Civium profile photo.
Editing guidelines and tutorials
- Extensive editing tutorials and help files for editors and translators are listed on the Help Files page.
- Our various guidelines can be found at Category:Style Guide
Read before you start
- Mailing list
- If you would like to participate as a site editor, join the NRWiki mailing list at yahoogroups, and discuss what you would like to work on; this way we can avoid duplication of effort.
Please read these articles before you make any edits:
- Wiki mores - customs and expectations for content on this site.
- Article Names - how articles are named - a consistent scheme is necessary to avoid duplication and confusion.
- Style Guide - style guide: issues of orthography.
- Cite sources - how to cite your sources (books, websites, etc.).
- Help files - learn how to create articles and edit this website.