Ludi Megalenses 2761 AUC (Nova Roma)
Ludi Megalenses, the 3rd of 2761 Ludi Decennales
The Ludi Megalenses is the third set of games in the tenth anniversary year series of games, designated as Ludi Decennales. We invite you to take part in and enjoy each and every contest, and to celebrate each Ludi and Festival in the spirit of the ancient Romans!
Ludi Megalenses Highlights
- The Cult of Magna Mater
- (1) Livius 29.10 Introduction of Magna Mater to Rome
Our ludi golden rule: one day, one god, one ludus
Matutiones in honour of Magna Mater Sellisternia Ritual to be added
Ludi Megalenses Schedule: 7 days (Apr. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
- Dies Ater - No events scheduled; These are "dark" days in which fire should not be lit and sacrifices should not be offered in altars. Temples should not celebrate public worship. All religious ceremonies are private but without sacrifices. Making journeys, starting new projects, or doing anything risky should be avoided, and certain gods, including Iuppiter and Ianus, may not be named.
Ludi Megalenses Awards:
- Certamen Historicum (MM) Winner:
- Certamen Historicum (Plautus) Winner:
- Audio/Video Contest Winner:
- Naumachia Winner:
- Return to Aedilitas curulis MMDCCLXI