Senate Voting Results published on 31 August 2757
The following 21 Senators cast votes in time. They are referred to below by their initials and are listed in alphabetical order by nomen:
Franciscus Apulus Caesar (FAC)
The following Senator/s did not cast a vote [and his/her/their absence was not announced or justified in line with the Senatus Consultum defining a quorum and the LEX OCTAVIA DE SENATORIBUS:
Gaius Marius Merullus (CMM)
The items for consideration were as follows:
I. The Senate adopts the proposed Senate Code of Conduct.
Nova Roma Senate Code of Conduct
1. A Nova Roman Senator shall uphold the honor of the Senate of Nova Roma and of Nova Roma herself. A Senator shall support and defend the Constitution of Nova Roma against all enemies both from without and from within.
2. Whenever dealing with citizens or others who know him to be a Senator of Nova Roma, a Nova Roman Senator shall always act in the best interest of the Republic of Nova Roma, honoring the Gods and Goddesses of Rome, defending the Religio Romano as the national religion of Nova Roma, adhering to the Virtues, and never acting in such a way as to bring disgrace upon the Religio or threaten it's status as the national religion.
3. A Nova Roman Senator shall recognize that appointment to the Senate of Nova Roma is a high honor, reposing trust and responsibility in the Senator. Therefore a Senator will never act in such a way as to bring disgrace upon the Nova Roma Senate or upon Nova Roma herself, and will strive to conduct himself according to the traditional Roman Virtues in all matters touching upon Nova Roma.
4. A Nova Roman Senator shall keep firmly in mind the mission of the Nova Roman Senate, and the fact that the Senate acts in the service of the Republic. When acting within the scope of Nova Roma, in its Senate, fora, and any other place where the Senator is known to be a Nova Roman Senator, a Senator's actions will be guided by what he believes to be the best interests of Nova Roma.
5. A Nova Roman Senator shall report to the Senate any instance in which he is charged with the commission of a felony or other macronational crime for which, if convicted, the maximum penalty would be at least 12 months in confinement. While a charge alone will not be grounds for removal of a Senator from the Senate rolls, failure to report such charges will be.
FAILS - Uti Rogas 9, Antiquo 9, Abstineo 3
FAC: UTI ROGAS. Each Senator must be firstly an example for all the
citizens, example of moderation, romanitas and pietas. Some members of this
Illustra Chamber failed in the recently past giving it dishonour in my
personal opinion. A Code of conduct is necessary NOW to restore a quite and
II . The Senate approves the Conventus Novae Romae developed by the European provincial governors.
PASSES - uti Rogas 19, Antiquo I, Abstineo 1
FAC: VTI ROGAS. I consider it a wonderful project, an important
step and help to the organization of local live event following one of the
goal of our organization. The people thinking that this project is similar
to the Limes Cooperation and we don’t need this pact maybe they didn’t
understood the importance of the Conventus Nova Romae.
III. The Senate approves the request of Consul Astur as submitted by Quaestor Saturninus to establish a European bank account that will allow easier fund transfers.
PASSES - Uti Rogas 19, Antiquo 0, Abstineo 2
FAC: VTI ROGAS A necessary step to the growth of NR in EU as real
IV. The Senate approves the request of Senator Marcus Minucius-Tiberius Audens to set aside $150.00 for the creation of a complete archive of The Eagle. These funds to be provided to Senator Minucius-Tiberius Audens by pride Kal. Ian MMDCCLVIII (Dec 31, 2004).
PASSES - Uti Rogas 19, An 1, Abstineo 1
FAC: VTI ROGAS
V. The Senate approves the request of Senator Marcus Minucius-Tiberius Audens to change the name of The Eagle to Aquila effective Kalendas Ianuarias MMDCCLVIII (Jan 1, 2005).
PASSES - Uti Rogas 21, Antiquo 0, Abstineo 0
FAC: VTI ROGAS
VI. The Senate adopts the Senatus Consultum establishing priorities for Nova Roma and their precedences.
Senatus Consultum establishing priorities for Nova Roma
PRIORITIES FOR NOVA ROMA IN ORDER OF PRECEDENCE
The Senate finds that the following items are all priorities for Nova Roma. They are hereby established as such, in order of precedence. This precedence shall not be interpreted to indicate that any item is unimportant. All are priorities. The sole reason for assigning precedence is to better focus resources and effort.
I. The Religio Romana; it's promotion, preservation, protection, and diffusion throughout the communities of Nova Roma.
II. Establishment of a Nova Roma Endowment and its long term growth.
III. Sustaining support of existing projects, including the publication of the Eagle, the Aedilian Fund for the Magna Mater Project, the Scholarship Fund, and the Land Fund.
IV. Outreach, recruitment and retention of citizens, including fostering interest in the activities of the Sodalities.
V. Promotion of Local Group activities.
VI. Encouraging citizens to become involved in the work of government
PASSES - Uti Rogas 17, Antiquo 1, Abstineo 2
FAC: VTI ROGAS. I think that the religious goal is at the same
level of other important goals thinking that NR is not only a religious
organization. However I think the planning of the most important goals is
very important to understand what we’re doing and what is our way. I hope
other detailed analysis and plans will follow this. And I hope to see other
list of goals each 2 years.
cura ut valeas,
31 August 2757