Tax rate MMDCCLXIX
TABULA TRIBUTARIA NOVAE ROMAE ANNO MMDCCLXIX AUC
NOVA ROMAN ANNUAL TAX INFORMATION FOR 2769 AUC
HOW DO I PAY MY TAX?
- Deadline for taxpayment: May 31st
- If you are late and you pay only between June 1st and September 30th, the total amount due for yourself is the amount of tax you would have to pay for this year, plus the amount for Class 1.
- If you are late and you pay only between October 1st and October 31st, the total amount due for yourself is the amount of tax you would have to pay for this year, plus double the amount for class 1.
- No payments of the annual tax will be accepted from November 1st to December 31st of 2767 A.U.C.
- Use your PayPal account and enter the seller details yourself (see point 2 in the yellow header box above for both options, including a link to the form). The information that must be included in either option is a message to seller. The CFO of Nova Roma will need to know your full Nova Roman name. If you are paying for two or more citizens you must include the names of those citizens and against each name include the amount of tax that is due and payable for them. The amount total of the payments on this list of names and amounts must equal the amount sent. Failure to include your name, or those of other citizens being paid for and amounts, will cause delays in your being registered as assidui.
Deductible from your USA taxes
For those members of Nova Roma who are USA citizens, the "taxes" (membership fee) paid to Nova Roma are tax deductible, given our 501(c)(3) status with the IRS. Please consult your tax advisor/preparer for advice and assistance in utilizing any deduction in your tax preparation.
TAX RATES FOR 2769 A.U.C. (2016) BY CLASSES
You have to add PayPal transaction fee to these amounts below. Note that this transaction fee is different for residents of the USA and for those living OUTSIDE of the USA:
- Class 1 rate - $45.00 (plus PayPal transfer fee)
- Class 2 rate - $36.00 (plus PayPal transfer fee)
- Class 3 rate - $26.00 (plus PayPal transfer fee)
- Class 4 rate - $18.00 (plus PayPal transfer fee)
- Class 5 rate - $11.00 (plus PayPal transfer fee)
HOW DO YOU DETERMINE WHAT CLASS YOU ARE IN?
Go to your album page, (enter your full Nova Roman name, or if you know it your citizen number, in the search box, open your page up by clicking on the link on your name) and then look for your Census Point total. Look at the table below, find the range that your Census Point total falls into and that will be the class you are in. So 55 Census Points, for example, is in class 3.
- Class 1 rate – 140 or more Census Points
- Class 2 rate – 100 to 139 Census Points
- Class 3 rate – 50 to 99 Census Points
- Class 4 rate – 35 to 49 Census Points
- Class 5 rate – 34 or fewer Census Points
ARE YOU A CITIZEN CLASSED AS CAPITE CENSI WHO WISHES TO PAY THE ANNUAL TAX?
- Then contact the CFO, L. Cornelius Sulla Felix. He will assess your tax rate based on the Census Points according to this process.
DO YOU HAVE ARREARS OF THE ANNUAL TAX OWING?
The collection of any arrears of the annual tax that a citizen may owe for previous years shall be limited to only collection of those arrears accrued during the tax year commencing in 2765 A.U.C. (2012) and ending on February 29th 2766 A.U.C. (2013). This limitation does not affect collection of arrears owed for the tax year 1st March 2766 A.U.C. to 31st December 2766 A.U.C. nor arrears accrued in any subsequent tax years.
DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION NOT COVERED ABOVE OR NEED TO MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS?
- Contact the CFO, L. Cornelius Sulla Felix and he will answer your question or set up a payment plan.