Ownership of Content
ALL CONTENT (text or images) submitted to this site becomes the property of Nova Roma, unless special arrangements are made in advance.
- Content may be used by Nova Roma and by the website editors for any purpose whatsoever, including promotional material.
- Content may be subsequently modified by other editors.
- Content may be deleted by the administrators.
- Content may be reused for different articles than originally intended, or broken up to make multiple articles.
- Attribution is generally not given within the article, though the author may claim authorship on the associated "Talk" page if desired.
What can be accepted
We can only accept material that we have the legal right to use.
Please do NOT upload or insert any of the following:
- text or photos from books (unless the book more than 100 years old)
- text or photos copied from other websites
- text or photos copied from Wikipedia (their license is complex)
Only submit material:
- that you have written or photographed yourself
- or, that you have the permission of the author/photographer to use (and in this case you must attribute it to that person on the page or in the image description text)
- or, that comes from the old Nova Roma site
- or, is more than 100 years old. Note that modern translations of ancient text are copyrighted and cannot be used without the translator's permission.
When in doubt, paraphrase it (that is, rewrite it in your own words), and always cite sources.