Mexico provincial report MMDCCLX
MARCVS IVLIVS SEVERVS PATRIBVS CONSCRIPTISQVE NOVAE ROMAE S•P•D.
Ex Officio Propraetoris Mexico. Annual Report for Provincia Mexico MMDCCLX AVC
Magisterial staff has grown this year, to promote provincial activity.
Mexico has the following Prætorium:
LEGATVS PRO PRÆTORE: Marcus Iulius Severus
LEGATI: Lucius Æmilius Paulus (Internis Rebus) Marca Minicia Fortunataq (Externis Rebus)
SCRIBA: Marca Minicia Fortunata
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/nrprovinciamexico/ remains as the dedicated mailing list for citizens of Mexico and those with an interest in our provincia.
A group of citizens have been having monthly reunions in Mexico City, presided over by the Legatus Pro Prætore.
We are preparing regional and local meetings. Our Legatus Internis Rebus has been working in a calendar for next year, considering the two most important cities after Mexico City: Guadalajara and Monterrey.
Legio VI Ferrata
We have been working in the organization of the III Vexillatio of Legio VI Ferrata.
We are also working in the foundation of three Oppida, in Mexico City, Guadalajara, and Monterrey. We hope to have the three ready to start activities next year.
Cultural non profit Association Provincia Mexico Novae Romae
We have been working to organize Provincia Mexico as cultural, non profit association, according to Mexican law. This legal status will allow us to collaborate with city councils, universities, and other associations for cultural activities all over Mexico.
Since we still have very few assidui citizens, we can’t really work with a budget. All the expenses until now, have been paid for the citizens who have been participating in our activities.
This year I sent the full amount of the collected taxes to Nova Roma’s Treasury.
Another term as Legatus Pro Prætore
Clarissimi Senatores, I am also respectfully addressing you by means of this message, to ask you for your recognition in order to be prorogued for another term as Legatus Pro Prætore of the Provincia Mexico. I am an assiduus citizen, and I've been working in several areas since I joined Nova Roma.
I have been working hard to organize the Provincia Mexico, that was paralyzed until I started this effort, with the enthusiastic help of some other cives, mainly Marcia Minicia Fortunata ande Lucius Æmilius Paulus, and the invaluable support and advice of the Legatus Pro Prætore Hispaniae, Tribunus Plebis and Caput Officina Approbationum, M. Curiatius Complutensis.
I served as Rogator, and have been working as Scriba Censoris in the Cohors of Censor C. Fabius Buteo Modianus. I am also Spanish and French Interpreter, designated by you, Clarissimi Senatoris. Finally, I am Viator to Tribunus Plebis Complutensis.
I was elected Musaeus of the Collegium Eratous, in the Sodalitas Musarum, and I am also Socius of the Chorus Musarum.
Clarissimi Senatores, all the active cives in the Provincia Mexico, support my prorogation of term as Legatus Pro Prætore. I will work with the biggest enthusiasm and dedication to reach the following goals:
1) To strengthen the ties of the Provincia with Nova Roma, promoting the involvement of our citizens in the social and political life of the Res Publica.
2) To celebrate agreements with the main Mexican universities, to promote activities related to ancient Rome and to Nova Roma.
3) To constitute the Province as a civil non-lucrative society, with its own juridical personality according to the legal Mexican frame.
4) To support, as it has been done, the creation of the III Vexilla of Legio VI Ferrata, and promote events of military re-enactment in the Province.
5) To create and develope new local groups (Oppida and Municipia) in the Provincia.
6) Tom organize more meetings between the citizens of the Provincia Mexico, including a full provincial meeting each year; increasing the cultural and recruitment activities, and the participation in international Nova Roman events.
7) To accelerate the creation of the provincial web site and to make use of it, to link more the Province with the rest of the Res Publica.
Clarissimi Senatores, I ask your support for my prorogation of term as Legatus Pro Prætore of the Provincia Mexico.
Valete bene in pace deorum,
LEGATVS•PRO•PRÆTORE•PROVINCIÆ•MEXICO VIAT•TR•PL•M•C•C SCRIBA•CENSORIS•G•F•B•M INTERPRETER MVSÆVS•COLLEGII•ERATOVS•SODALITATIS•MVSARVM SOCIVS•CHORI•MVSARVM