Ludi Herculanenses 2761 AUC (Nova Roma)/Munera Gladiatoria
Enroll your animals/gladiators in the Munera Gladiatoria matches of the Flavian Amphitheatre! You may enter one or two gladiators.
Entries must contain:
- (a) Your Roman Name
- (b) Your Entry's Name
- (c) Type of Gladiator
- RETIARIUS: His weapon is the net, the trident and a dagger. His defenses are a protection of arm (manica), that includes the shoulder.
- HOPLOMACHUS: His weapons are a lance and a dagger. His defenses are a closed crest hull, circular small shield and metallic shin pads. His defenses are protection of right arm and he can take a pectoral plate.
- MURMILLO: His weapon is a short sword (gladius). His defenses are a closed great crest hull, rectangular big shield (scutum), protection in right arm and shin pad in left leg.
- THRAEX: His weapon is a curved sword (sicca). His defenses are a closed hull, the crest of the hull has the shape of faucet, a quadrangular small shield (parmula), long metallic shin pads up to the thigh and protection in right arm.
- SECUTOR: His weapon is a short sword (gladius). His defenses are closed smooth hull, rectangular big shield (scutum), protection in right arm and legs. Normally fight only against retiarii.
- DIMACHAERUS: His weapons are two curved swords (siccae). His defenses are protections in arms and legs.
- (d) Description/History of Your Entry
- (e) Type of Tactics (1=Offensive, 2=Yourself, 3=Defensive)
- (f) Your Ludus (Ludus Albatus, Ludus Praesinus, Ludus Russatus, or Ludus Venetus).
- LUDUS ALBATUS (The Whites)
- LUDUS PRAESINUS (The Greens)
- LUDUS RUSSATUS (The Reds)
- LUDUS VENETUS (The Blues)
DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES: Entries must be received NO LATER THAN August 1st.
Submit entries to: email@example.com
Music of the Theatrical Troupes performing at the Colosseum
- NAME, sponsored by NAME
Also see these Videos
Here are the links to a Pepsi Commercial and the Discovery Times video series on gladiatorial combat.
Brought to you by the Pepsicus Corporation and the Esquiline Guild of Women Gladiators!
TRUE GLADIATOR: A Discovery Times Mini-Series