Daily Roman Calendar Posting by Nova Roma
Nova Roma has a 18 year long tradition of providing a Roman calendar information service to the all modern Romans, reenactors, revivalists, all sorts of Romanists and Roman enthusiasts. This is called the Daily Roman Calendar Posting, and the service was founded by aedilis curulis and pontifex C. Iulius Scaurus on Kal. Ian. ‡ Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.. This service has been informally, according to unwritten tradition, under the joint domain of the pontifices and the aediles of Nova Roma ever since. The current editor of the Daily Roman Calendar Posting is pontifex C. Petronius Stephanus Turpilianus, one of the current praetors of Nova Roma, who accepted this position from aedilis curulis and pontifex Cn. Cornelius Lentulus.
The place of publication of the Daily Roman Calendar Posting of Nova Roma is the Nova Roma Facebook Group:
Join our FORUM CORNELIUM on Facebook in order to access the daily publication!
List of editors of the Daily Roman Calendar Posting
These individuals have been the editors of the Daily Roman Calendar Posting since the inception of this tradition within Nova Roma. The first individual to assume the job had this appointment on his authority as being both aedilis curulis and pontifex. M. Piscinus held this duty based on his authority as pontifex and later as pontifex maximus. For a while in M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. and P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c., C. Cato and M. Piscinus sometimes had posted the daily calendar at the same time, but the posting of pontifex maximus M. Piscinus is considered official.
- M. Antonius Gryllus Graecus from Id. Mar. ‡ Q. Maximo M. Minucio cos. ‡ MMDCCLIII a.u.c. to Id. Sept. ‡ M. Octavio L. Sulla (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLV a.u.c. - in his capacity as pontifex
- C. Iulius Scaurus from Kal. Ian. ‡ Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c. to a.d. IV Kal. Sext. ‡ Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c. - in his capacity as aedilis and pontifex
- C. Equitius Cato from Non. Ian. ‡ Fr. Apulo C. Laenate cos. ‡ MMDCCLVIII a.u.c. to a.d. IV Non. Oct. ‡ L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. - in his capacity as quaestor, then as aedilis, and later as praetor
- M. Moravius Piscinus Horatianus from a.d. III Non. Oct. ‡ L. Arminio Ti. Galerio cos. ‡ MMDCCLX a.u.c. to a.d. XVII Kal. Nov. ‡ P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c. - in his capacity as pontifex, then pontifex maximus
- C. Equitius Cato from a.d. XVI Kal. Nov. ‡ P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c. to a.d. III Id. Oct. ‡ L. Sulla (III) cos. sine collega ‡ MMDCCLXVI a.u.c. - in his capacity as praetorian senator, then consul, and finally as consular senator
- M. Pompeius Caninus from a.d. VI Id. Mar. ‡ Cn. Lentulo Alexandro T. Domitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIX a.u.c. to prid. Id. Feb. ‡ Q. Arrio (II) T. Domitio (III) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXIII a.u.c. - for the Main List only, in his capacity as pontifex
- Q. Vibius Serius from a.d. X Kal. Nov. ‡ Sex. Lucilio C. Claudio P. Annaeo Q. Catulo tr. mil. cos. pot. ‡ MMDCCLXX a.u.c. to a.d. VII Id. Nov. ‡ Sex. Lucilio (II) A. Tullia (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXV a.u.c. - for the Facebook Group only, in his capacity as editor appointed by pontifex Cn. Cornelius Lentulus. M. Caninus and Q. Vibius ran the Daily Roman Calendar Posting together for a while, on two different platforms, in the official international mailing list of Nova Roma, and in the Facebook group of Nova Roma. From Id. Feb. ‡ Q. Arrio (II) T. Domitio (III) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXIII a.u.c., the only edition of the Daily Roman Calendar was the one published by Q. Vibius on Facebook.
- C. Petronius Stephanus Turpilianus from a.d. IV Id. Ian. ‡ C. Cethego Q. Arrio (IV) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXXVI a.u.c. to current day - in his capacity as pontifex and editor appointed by aedilis curulis Cn. Cornelius Lentulus, pontifex