Senatus consultum on appointment of Provincial Praetors for 1999
Senatus Consultum XXVI: Appointment of Provincial Praetors for 1999
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 11:44:43 EST
As Nova Roma's first year draws to a close, the Senate has been working to finish up pending legislation. The following votes have been taken to appoint new and confirm existing Provincial Praetors for the coming year...
1. Gaius Aelius Ericius is confirmed as Praetor Californiae for 1999, by unanimous Senate vote.
2. Marcus Cassius Iulianus is confirmed as Proconsul Novae Britanniae (New England) for 1999, by unanimous Senate vote.
3. Antonius Gryllus Graecus is confirmed as Praetor Lusitaniae for 1999, by unanimous Senate vote.
4. M H I Cogitatus Thuleus is confirmed as Praetor Thuli for 1999, by unanimous Senate vote.
5. Minervina Iucundia Flavia is confirmed as Praetor SE US for 1999, by unanimous Senate vote.
6.Gaius Trinphius Cicero is confirmed as the new Praetor Orienti Canadum (Eastern Canada), for 1999, by unanimous Senate vote.
7. Quintia Claudia Lucentia Aprica is confirmed as "acting" Propraetor of Britiannia by unanimous Senate vote. She has most generously been willing to fill this post until a new Praetor volunteers, or until her circumstances change and she is able to fill the post on a permanent basis.
8. Primus Fabius Cunctator is confirmed as the new Praetor Italia by unanimous Senate vote.
Hopefully all Citizens will join us in welcoming both our new Provincial Praetors, and our returning Provincial Propraetors! Their willingness to work on behalf of Nova Roma is much appreciated by all. Their guidance in the Provinces will be invaluable to success in the coming year and we look forward to working with them!
Marcus Cassius Julianus(On behalf of the Senate of Nova Roma)