Register of Lists (Nova Roma)
The official lists/groups of Nova Roma are governed according to the terms and conditions of the Senatus consultum ultimum here
Lists for Nova Roman citizens only
Lists open to all Nova Roman citizens
State sponsored lists
- The Forum list
- A general discussion group. Internal political debates and heated civic controversies are forbidden topics. This is our equivalent to the ancient forum
- The Rostra list
- A discussion group focused solely on Nova Roman internal politics.
Magistrate's tribunal list
- The Basilica list
- A list where Nova Roman citizens can be summoned to appear before magistrates to deal with magisterial official business, or to pose questions of magistrates relating to their office. Serves the consuls, censors, praetors, aediles and the praefectus urbi. This is the equivalent of a magistrate's tribunal, serving multiple magistrates.
Religio Romana lists
- The Domus Publica list
- A list where Nova Roman citizens can interact with the various pontifices, augurs and other officials of Religio Romana (Roman religion), and pose questions and enagage in general discussion on matters pertaining to the Religio Romana.
- The Templum list
- A non-participatory list where rituals of the Religio Romana will be posted.
Your First List To Join
- The Trans Tiberim list
- An official list for non-citizens and prospective citizens awaiting induction into an ius Latii list. It discusses points of history, culture, cooking, religious questions, of Latin language and literature, re-enactment, etc. It does not discuss internal issues relating to Nova Roma, especially political matters.
Official Mailing Lists
- The Praeconium mailing list
- Contains official announcements; calls to vote, results of elections, magisterial edicts, etc. If you still want to have an ear to the ground to find out what's going on, but don't have the time to devote to a high-volume list, this list would be perfect for you.
- Most provinces also have mailing lists.
- There are also dozens of specialized email lists such as that maintained by our sodalitates, for example, that of the sodalitas for Roman cooking, the sodalitas for Latin language and culture, or the sodalitatas for Roman military.
Unofficial Mailing Lists
Lists run by citizens with various Nova Roma-related themes or purposes.
- "Aquila Heliaca"
- (public) A project to help save the Imperial Eagle
The Nova Roma Senate identified these additional groups:
- SenateNR A private list for our Senate (archived).
- SenatusRomanus A private list for our Senate.
- NR-Wiki Used to assist citizen who edit our website.
- CONVENTVS_GVBERNATORVM A list for provincial governors.
- NRmagistrates A list for all magistrates.
The official monthly magazine of Nova Roma, Aquila, is the voice of our Res Publica.
Our IRC chat is open to citizens of Nova Roma. It is always available, but most people tend to participate on "Market Days", which occur every eighth day; you can view the current calendar to see when the next Market Day is - or drop in anytime.
Many citizens have chosen to publish their IDs in various instant message systems (Yahoo, AOL, IRC, etc.).