Register of Lists (Nova Roma)
Your First List To Join
- The Trans Tiberim list
- An official list for non-citizens and prospective citizens awaiting induction into an ius Latii list. It discusses points of history, culture, cooking, religious questions, of Latin language and literature, re-enactment, etc. It does not discuss internal issues relating to Nova Roma, especially political matters.
Official Mailing Lists
- The Praeconium mailing list
- Contains official announcements; calls to vote, results of elections, magisterial edicts, etc. If you still want to have an ear to the ground to find out what's going on, but don't have the time to devote to a high-volume list, this list would be perfect for you.
- The Forum discussion group
- A general discussion group. Internal political debates and heated civic controversies are forbidden topics. This is our equivalent to the ancient forum.
- The Domus Publica discussion group
- The official group for discussion on the Religio Romana (Roman religion).
- Most provinces also have mailing lists.
- There are also dozens of specialized email lists such as that maintained by our sodalitates, for example, that of the sodalitas for Roman cooking, the sodalitas for Latin language and culture, or the sodalitatas for Roman military.
Unofficial Mailing Lists
Lists run by citizens with various Nova Roma-related themes or purposes.
- "Aquila Heliaca"
- (public) A project to help save the Imperial Eagle
The Nova Roma Senate identified these additional groups:
- SenateNR A private list for our Senate (archived).
- SenatusRomanus A private list for our Senate.
- NR-Wiki Used to assist citizen who edit our website.
- CONVENTVS_GVBERNATORVM A list for provincial governors.
- NRmagistrates A list for all magistrates.
The official monthly magazine of Nova Roma, Aquila, is the voice of our Res Publica.
Our IRC chat is open to citizens of Nova Roma. It is always available, but most people tend to participate on "Market Days", which occur every eighth day; you can view the current calendar to see when the next Market Day is - or drop in anytime.
Many citizens have chosen to publish their IDs in various instant message systems (Yahoo, AOL, IRC, etc.).