Online resources for Latin
Revision as of 12:52, 24 February 2007 by M. Lucretius Agricola
Textkit is a collection of texts, resources, services and tutorials for both Latin and Greek.
Courses taught online
See: Academia Thules
Tutorials available online
- Latin for Mountain Men. The subtitle is "A short course in practical Latin" and it is exactly that, and fun too. Good for beginners or as an easy refresher.
- Charles E. Bennett, New Latin Grammar. A complete Latin grammar in several formats from Project Gutenberg.
- Allen and Greenough, New Latin Grammar for Schools and Colleges:
- Benjamin Leonard D'Ooge, Latin for Beginners. A beginner's text of the old style, in several formats. The HTML version is in several pieces.
- John Kirtland, Ritchie's Fabulae Faciles, A First Latin Reader. Simple stories for practice.
- At Perseus.
- A word list.
- Vocabula computatralia (Computer vocabulary).
- Abbreviations in Latin Inscriptions from The American Society of Greek and Latin Epigraphy
Latin in use on the web
- Grex Latine Loquentium, the greatest e-mail list for living Latin, where Latin is the only language allowed, and one can read the best Latin speakers the world over, and exchange messages with them.
- Nuntii Latini, current news in Latin, that can be read or even directly listened to.
- Ephemeris, on-line news, completely written in Latin and including numerous sections.
- Some Project Gutenberg texts are available in "Plucker" format. Plucker is a free text reader that works on PalmOS PDAs.