NovaRoma talk:Key Path
Our many and varied Publications deserve their own task force. I think that we should have a direct link to them from the main page, or some sort of rotation so that the one with the most recent issue gets spotlighted. Agricola 12:55, 3 February 2008 (CET)
Main Page comments
"This site" box
The bottom box now says
"Citizens of Nova Roma can edit this site. Need an account? Any citizen can [create a wiki account]. Problems? Join the mailing list [NRWiki @ yahoogroups.com] and post a message. Visit our [Community Portal] for editing guidelines. Contact the [site administrators] if you have any requests."
I propose to change the text to
"This site is an ongoing project of the citizens of Nova Roma to build a guide to our Republic and to that of ancient Rome." Any citizen can [create a wiki account]. Problems? Join the mailing list [NRWiki @ yahoogroups.com] and post a message. Visit our [Community Portal] for editing guidelines. Contact the [site administrators] if you have any requests.
Comments? Agricola 11:45, 6 February 2008 (CET)
Yes, it's more inviting, you point out the portal, and tell people how to contact youMarca Hortensia Maior
I need to see how sounds in spanish:
"Esta web es un proyecto en curso de los ciudadanos de Nova Roma para crear una guia a nuestra República y a la antigua Roma. Cualquier ciudadano puede [crear una cuenta wiki]. ¿Te ha surgido algún problema? Apuntaté al foro [NRWiki @ yahoogroups.com] y escribe un mensaje. Visita el [Portal de la Comunidad] para ver las normas de edición. Contacta con los [administradores del sitio] si tienes alguna sugerencia o petición."
It is a long message in spanish or in italian language.........but in english it is OK for me
--Complutensis 21:35, 13 February 2008 (CET)
Template:Current Events Shortlist
How to change the text in english here?
Complutensis 08:34, 5 February 2008 (CET)
- Template:Current_Events_Shortlist is probably the most complicated template that we have. There are two functions inside it.
- "GlobalText" is used to put up just text in many languages. To add Spanish, look for this:
- Just add the Spanish based on the nearby EN= or any other language that you like.
- "Global" is used to make a link. On the Spanish page it will link to the Spanish page if it exists, otherwise it will link to the English page. As we make more and more pages in all lanugages, I will replace these "Global" links with regular ones.
- I am sorry that it is so complicated. Here is the benefit. By using just one template, I can use comment tags to turn messages off and on in all languages at once. When I don't need a message, I don't delete it, I just use comment tags to hide it, so I can un-hide it later if I have to. Agricola 09:24, 5 February 2008 (CET)
Gratias plurimas. I have included 2 or three lines in spanish and italian language (Visit and join the Ludi......) but only works in italian not in spanish. What happen? --Complutensis 23:04, 13 February 2008 (CET)
- I fixed it. The line above ES= is DE= and that line did not have the | at the end. Agricola 08:52, 14 February 2008 (CET)
Gratias --Complutensis 09:27, 14 February 2008 (CET)
Support Nova Roma via [PAYPAL]
"Paypal" is the last word and it is an external link. Put your translations in the spaces and I'll upload them all together. Many thanks! Agricola 09:32, 7 February 2008 (CET)
Taxes are now due
A new Vox Romana podcast is now available
Today is market day!
LA= Hodie sunt núndinae!|
ES= Hoy es Día de Mercado|
FR= Aujourd'hui est Jour de Marché!|
HU= Ma piac nap van!|
IT= Oggi é giorno di mercato|
PT= Hoje é Dia de Comércio!|
RO= Astazi este o zi publica!|
EN= Today is Market Day!
Market Day is coming soon!
LA= Núndinae appropinquant!|
ES= El día de Mercado está proximo!|
FR= Le Jour du Marché approche!|
HU= Piac nap hamarosan!|
IT= presto sarà giorno di mercato|
PT=O Dia de Comércio está chegando!|
RO= In curand va fii o zii publica! |
EN=Market Day is coming soon!
[VI Conventus Novae Romae] will be held in Dacia from July 30th to August 4th this year.
"[VI Conventus Novae Romae]" is the first phrase and is a link to the conventus page.