Ludi Romani 2767 a.u.c./Munera Gladiatoria
About the Contest
This year's Ludi Romani will feature a gladiatorial series.
EVERYONE IS ENCOURAGED TO PLAY. I WILL HOLD THE APPROPRIATE NUMBER OF MATCHES FOR THE ENTRIES RECEIVED. THERE MUST BE AT LEAST TWO ENTRIES FOR THE MUNERA GLADIATORIA FOR THE EVENT TO OCCUR.
YOU MAY ENTER UP TO TWO GLADIATORS PER PERSON.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS Aedilis curulis
A) Send your entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org NO LATER THAN Wednesday, September 10th.
Please forward the following information on your entry:
A. Your name in Nova Roma;
B. The name of your Gladiator;
C. The type of your Gladiator;
D. Your tactics for the Quarter and Semifinals;
E. Your tactics for the Finals;
F. The name of your "factio" or team :
- Albata - The Whites
- Praesina - The Greens
- Russata - The Reds
- Veneta - The Blues
1. RETIARIUS: His weapon is the net, the trident and a dagger. His defenses are a protection of arm (manica), that includes the shoulder.
2. HOPLOMACHUS: His weapons are a lance and a dagger. His defenses are a closed crest hull, circular small shield and metallic shin pads. His defenses are protection of right arm and he can take a pectoral plate.
3. MURMILLO: His weapon is a short sword (gladius). His defenses are a closed great crest hull, rectangular big shield (scutum), protection in right arm and shin pad in left leg.
4. THRAEX: His weapon is a curved sword (sicca). His defenses are a closed hull, the crest of the hull has the shape of faucet, a quadrangular small shield (parmula), long metallic shin pads up to the thigh and protection in right arm.
5. SECUTOR: His weapon is a short sword (gladius). His defenses are closed smooth hull, rectangular big shield (scutum), protection in right arm and legs. Normally fight only against retiarii.
6. DIMACHAERUS: His weapons are two curved swords (siccae). His defenses are protections in arms and legs.
1."Defensive" tactics. It adds one point, but the gladiator or animal has 40 % of probabilities of surviving in case of defeat, because the public does not like these tactics.
2."Yourself" tactics. It neither adds nor take points. 50 % of probabilities of which the public asks for the death in case of defeat.
3."Total attack" tactics. It reduced one point, but the gladiator or animal has 65 % of probabilities of surviving in case of defeat, because the public likes these tactics.