Ludi Romani 2767 a.u.c./Certamen Historicum
About the Contest
This year's CH for the Ludi Romani will consist of questions about Caesar Augustus and the Ludi Romani.
L VITELLIVS TRIARIVS Aedilis curulis
A) You may email your answers at any time before Thursday, September 18 at 12:00 Noon Rome time with the Subject title: "Certamen Answers."
B) Email your answers to: email@example.com
DAY 1 QUESTIONS
1. When was Augustus born?
2. Who were the three wives of Augustus?
3. On what day did Augustus begin his reign?
4. When did Augustus Die?
5. Who were Augustus' children?
6. How many of Augustus' children were adopted?
7. Who was not adopted?
8. Where was Augustus born?
DAY 2 QUESTIONS
9. What town was Augustus' paternal family from?
10. Where was Augustus raised?
11. Augustus' father was governor of which Roman province?
12. Augustus' great-grandfather was a military tribune where?
13. How old was Augustus when his father died?
14. What was Augustus' mother's name?
15. What was Augustus' given name at birth?
16. What was the name of the former governor of Syria that his mother married?
DAY 3 QUESTIONS
17. Who did Philippus claim decent from?
18. Who raised Augustus as a child?
19. When was Augustus elected to the Collegium Pontificum?
20. Who formed the First Triumvirate?
21. Who formed the Second Triumvirate?
22. After the Battle of Actium, who was elected Consul with Octavian?
23. In 27 BC, what two titles did the Senate give Octavian?
24. In 23 BC, who was Augustus' first choice for co-Consul that died before taking office?