Ludi Megalenses MMDCCLXVII (2767) AUC (Nova Roma)/Certamen historicum
This year's Ludi will consist of a Certamen historicum about the Magna Mater and Cult of Cybele. There will be a daily round of 10 questions for six days. The answer submissions will be due in no later than 6:00 AM Rome Time the following day.
DO NOT POST ANSWERS TO THE LISTS
Please forward your answers to: lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com
- 1. One point will be awarded for each correct answer.
- 2. For detailed questions and answers, 1 extra bonus point may be awarded per question to the contestant with the most comprehensive answer, covering all the required parts of the question, where work submitted from multiple contestants is somewhat equaled amongst them.
- 3. Answers will not be accepted after the daily 6AM Rome Time deadline, when the daily answers will be posted on the NR wiki.
- 4. Winners will be announced on April 10th.
- 5. The Curule Aedile is the final authority in any disputed answers, and may refer the decision to another for clarification.
Send answers daily to lvtriarius AT yahoo DOT com
Submissions will not be accepted once answers are posted to this page (around 6AM Rome Time the following day)
Certamen historicum - Day 1 (April 4th)
1. What were three primary events that occurred that caused Rome to officially adopt the Cult of the Magna Mater?
2. Which Roman Emperor claimed the Magna Mater as one of his ancestors?
3. The cult object brought to Rome was what?
4. The cult object originally belonged to which Roman ally?
5. The Magna Mater’s chariot was drawn by what animals?
6. Who was chosen to meet the goddess at Ostia?
7. Who could observe the Megalesia procession, but by their own laws, were forbidden to participate in it or to know her mysteries?
8. Who was forbidden to observe the Megalesia procession or any of the Ludi proceedings?
9. Who was the Magna Mater considered to be the Mother-Goddess of?
10. Who was the consort of Cybele?
Certamen historicum - Day 2 (April 5th)
Certamen historicum - Day 3 (April 6th)
Certamen historicum - Day 4 (April 7th)
Certamen historicum - Day 5 (April 8th)
Certamen historicum - Day 6 (April 9th)
Certamen historicum - Day 7 (April 10th)
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED TODAY
2767 CERTAMEN HISTORICUM WINNERS
- 1st Place: NAME
- 2nd Place: NAME
- 4rd Place: NAME