Lucia Iulia Aquila (Nova Roma)
Founder of Aedes Venus Genetrix in Nashville, Tn. that meets regularly for group Rituals and presentations at a local meeting house and grounds. On October 25th 2009 an area on the shore of Percy Priest Lake in Tennessee was consecrated to Venus Genetrix through a complete ceremony performed by Julia and continues to be a special area for rituals and ceremonies.
L. Julia Aquila was born into a familia that considers themselves "Roman," in addition to Italian, in both maternal and paternal ancestry; her paternal name is Aquila. She grew up proud of being Roman nourished by many hours of listening to stories and lore of her ancestors; her maternal northern (including France and Switzerland) and her stoic paternal military Roman bloodlines that incorporated of best of the Roman Empire. At an early age she was initiated into what is known as the Religio Romana through family lineage and has continued a lifetime of study and research in various Traditions, Philosophies and Orders.
Julia holds an MSN (Nursing), BA (Psychology) and Ph.D. (Philosophy). She occasionally lectures and holds workshops on a variety of subjects, however she has taken an early retirement from a lucrative career in international Medical Marketing, PR and Sales preferring to express herself in a variety of Artistic pursuits using different mediums accepting commissions that include sculpture, carving, oils, acrylics and water colors etc.
Currently she has a budding webstore that offers a variety of beautiful objects including an extensive line of Roman statues and accessories: The Last Enchantment
In her leisure time Julia enjoys reading the classics, poetry and other books on a variety of subjects - including an occasional well written and thought provoking novel. High interests include science, languages and martial arts. She enjoys creative writing and has been published in a local Medical Journals in the past. Julia often takes to wandering with her camera which she hopes to master some day.
Julia's greatest joy is her grandson, M. Iulius Aquila.
- Procurator Provinciae Americae Austrorientalis
- Praefectus Regionis Tennessee Provinciae Americae Austrorientalis
- Sacerdos Prima Provinciae Americae Austrorientalis
- P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c. to consul K. Buteonis
- M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. to consul M. Iulius Severus
- P. Ullerio C. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIV a.u.c. to censor Ti. Iulius Sabinus
- P. Ullerio C. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIV a.u.c. to praetor CN. Iulius Caesar
- P. Memmio K. Buteone (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLXIII a.u.c. to aedilis curulis P. Annaeus Constantinus Placidus
- M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. to praetores P. Memmius Albucius and Cn. Equitius Marinus
- M. Curiatio M. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXII a.u.c. to aedilis curulis L. Coruncanius Cato