Flamen (Nova Roma)
The sources tell us that the flamen (pl., flamines) was a sacerdos proper, and who was dedicated to the service of a particular deity. A number of sources fix the number of flamines at fifteen (three maiores and twelve minores), however the names of only twelve of these are known with certainty.
On this page are listed both the current flamines, as well as all the previous flamines, together with their dates of service, as best known.
Listed here are all the flaminates of Nova Roma, together with a listing of the office holders and their terms of service.
(not yet held)
- Marcus Cornelius Scriptor
- from a.d. V Kal. Dec. Q. Maximo M. Minucio cos. ‡ MMDCCLIII a.u.c.
- to Id. Mar. Fl. Vedio (II) M. Cassio (II) cos. ‡ MMDCCLIV a.u.c.
- Nicolaus Moravius Vado
- Marcus Arcadius Pius
- Marcus Equitius Paternus
- from a.d. XII Kal. Feb. Cn. Salvio Cn. Equitio cos. ‡ MMDCCLVII a.u.c.
- to a.d. XVII Kal. Mai. M. Moravio T. Iulio cos. ‡ MMDCCLXI a.u.c.
- The Flamen
- (J. Vanggaard / 1988 / ISBN 8772890592) Gathers together all the known evidence on the Roman flamines.