Factio Veneta (Nova Roma)
Joining the Blues
- Welcome! Need more racing in your life? Enjoy the sweat of the track in your face? Want to lash your opponents and drive them into the spina more professionally? Do you want to join in the rowdy spectacle of cheering on your team at the Circus Maximus? Join Factio Veneta, the Blue Faction! You may remember us from such great riots at the Circus Maximus and the Hippodrome! We need to get out on the sand and charge with all our strength! We implore members of Factio Veneta to enter the races! Are the Green, Red or White not your thing? This is the Factio for you! This is the home of Nova Roma's virtual chariot racing faction, Factio Veneta--the Blues. This list is for seasoned chariot racers, those new to the Circus, and Loyal Supporters of the Blues. Join us Today!
- How to Join: To join the Blues, go to your Album Civium page login (Click Here) and click the "My Account" button. Once there, one of the options is "Racing Faction" - Simply declare Veneta as your faction, then join our mailing list. Factio Veneta Stables
- Dominus factionis 2761 a.u.c.: Maxima Valeria Messallina
- Mailing list: Factio Veneta Stables
- Team Music: Entrance of the Charioteers from Ben-Hur
- Team members 2761 a.u.c.:
|Number||Owner name||Best Result This Year||Chariot||Driver||Points|
|I||Maxima Valeria Messallina||-||Windchaser IV||Emrys of Gaul||0|
|II||Gaius Tullius Valerianus Germanicus||-||Furor Teutonicus||Ulfilas Gothus||0|
|III||Gaius Petronius Dexter||-||Incitatus||Stolo||0|
|IV||Marcus Martianius Lupus||-||Faolchu Dubh||Barinthus||0|
|V||Marcus Aurelius Cotta||-||-||-||0|
|VI||add your name here!||?||?||?||0|
|VII||add your name here!||?||?||?||0|
|VIII||add your name here!||?||?||?||0|
|IX||add your name here!||?||?||?||0|
|X||add your name here!||?||?||?||0|
Team Career Statistics/Historical Data (2757 a.u.c. to Present)
- Qualified in previous Ludi but not listed below? Please email us with the race information and your final standing(s) in the race(s), so we can update this page. If possible, please send the ML message number, Ludi website or Victory pic to: maximavaleriamessallina at yahoo dot com, and we will post your information on this page. We ask that you do not update your own information, as there is a potential risk of duplicate information being posted.
- Recorded Finishes: Columns reflecting the number of Past Quarter-Finals (QF), Semi-Finals (SF), and Finals Finishes in the below table reflect only 1st and 2nd place finishes. Victor column indicates 1st place finishes in finals races.
- Historical Records Database: To see which races you have been registed as qualifying in, you may download the historical records text file by Factio Veneta Records. This file lists the races and participants that we have been able to identify thus far through research of the various Ludi websites, NR Main List, etc.
|Number||Owner name||QF Palm||SF Palm||Finals Palm||Victor Palm||Career Victory Points|
|I||Lucius Vitellius Triarius||9||6||3||3||102|
|II||Titus Licinius Crassus||11||5||3||3||82|
|III||Lucius Pompeius Octavianus||4||4||2||0||42|
|IV||Maxima Valeria Messallina||5||2||2||1||42|
|V||Gaius Cornelius Ahenobarbus||1||1||1||2||35|
|VI||Gallus Minucius Iovinus||1||1||2||0||24|
|VII||Gaius Lanius Falco||5||1||0||0||15|
|VIII||Roscia Annaea Pia||2||1||0||0||9|
|IX||A. Minicius Iordannes Pompeianus||1||1||0||0||8|
|X||Gaius Ambrosius Artorus Iulianus||1||1||0||0||8|
|XI||Gaius Minucius Hadrianus Felix||1||1||0||0||8|
|XII||Lucius Gaius Cornelius Ahenobarbus||1||1||0||0||6|
|XIII||Quintus Salix Cantaber Uranicus||1||1||0||0||6|
|XIV||Quintus Caecilius Metellus Postumianus||1||1||0||0||5|
|XV||Sextus Cornelius Cato||1||1||0||0||5|
|XVI||Marcus Scribonius Curio Britannicus||2||0||0||0||4|
|XVII||Aulus Ambrosius Celetrus||1||0||0||0||2|
|XVIII||Aurelius Apulus Sanniticus||1||0||0||0||2|
|XIX||Caeso Domitianus Postumus||1||0||0||0||2|
|XX||Gnaeus Octavius Noricus||1||0||0||0||2|
|XXI||Lucius Cassius Pontonius||1||0||0||0||2|
|XXII||Franciscus Apulus Caesar||1||0||0||0||1|
|XXIII||Lucia Ambrosia Valeria||1||0||0||0||1|
|XXIV||Quintus Iulius Probus||1||0||0||0||1|
|XXV||Quintus Vitellius Avitus Vopiscus||1||0||0||0||1|
|XXVI||Marcus Martianius Lupus||1||0||0||0||1|
Victory Points Calculation Rules
In the Ludi Circenses Championship Series of Nova Roma (Chariot Races) the Victory Points are calculated according to the following rules. Points are given in each race, ideally of 4 players. For example 16 players means 4 Quarters race, 2 Semi-Finals race and 1 Final race. Of each race of each level the two best will be given points.
|Par: 1 VP||Q-1: 4 VP||S-1: 8 VP||F-1: 12 VP|
|Q-2: 2 VP||S-2: 6 VP||F-2: 10 VP|
In the Ludi Circenses Championship Series of Nova Roma (Horse Races) the Victory Points are calculated according to the following rules. Points are given in each race for 1st through 6th places, plus participation points are given for 7th and subsequent places.
|Participant:||6th Place:||5th Place:||4st Place:||3rd Place:||2nd Place:||1st Place:|
|1 VP||2 VP||4 VP||6 VP||8 VP||10 VP||12 VP|
Corona Circenses Novae Romae ~ Factio Veneta
Awarded for 1st Place in the Individual Series of the annual Ludi Circenses Championship.
Award consists of a 2 1/2" cast gold medal with blue neck ribbon (1 1/2" x 30").
Palms Awarded to Members
- Quarter-Finals Palm: Awarded for 1st & 2nd Place in Quarters Races.
- Semi-Finals Palm: Awarded for 1st & 2nd Place in Semi-Finals Races.
- Finals Palm: Awarded for 2nd Place in Finals Races; 1st & 2nd Places in Finals Race if Great Finals race is held; 2nd Place in Great Finals Races.
- Victor Palm: Awarded for 1st Place in Finals (no Great Finals held)/Great Finals Races.
- Championship Palm: Awarded for 1st Place in the annual Nova Roma Ludi Circenses Championship.
- LUDI CERIALES 2671: Chariot Delectus Consulis, Dominus Tiberius Galerius Paulinus
- LUDI CHAMPIONSHIP 2760: Chariot Velox Puteolanus Sors II, Dominus Lucius Vitellius Triarius
- LUDI PLEBEII 2760: Chariot Venetus Magnus, Dominus Lucius Vitellius Triarius
- LUDI CERIALES 2760: Chariot Velox Puteolanus Sors II, Dominus Lucius Vitellius Triarius
- LUDI MEGALENSES 2759: Chariot Windchaser, Domina Maxima Valeria Messallina
- LUDI VICTORIAE 2759: Chariot Velox Puteolanus Sors, Dominus Lucius Vitellius Triarius
- LUDI ROMANI 2759: Chariot Velox Puteolanus Sors, Dominus Lucius Vitellius Triarius
- LUDI ROMANI 2758: Chariot Equus Magnus, Dominus Titus Licinius Crassus
- LUDI APOLLINARES 2757: Chariot Equus Magnus, Dominus Titus Licinius Crassus
- LUDI CERIALIA 2757: Chariot Equus Magnus, Dominus Titus Licinius Crassus
- II LUDI VENETA 2756: Chariot Phaeton, Dominus Gaius Cornelius Ahenobarbus
- I LUDI VENETA 2756: Chariot Phaeton, Dominus Gaius Cornelius Ahenobarbus
- jerashchariots.com ~ The monumental hippodrome at the ancient city of Jerash in Jordan is, for the first time in over a thousand years, hosting a spectator event – authentic replica Roman chariots racing in the Roman circus at Jerash. Jerash, the Roman city of Gerasa, some fifty minutes drive to the north from Amman, displays some of the finest, most extensive and best preserved remains of the former Empire to be found anywhere. The colonnaded streets, temples, theatres, bathhouses and magnificent oval plaza are complemented by the superbly restored hippodrome which in Roman times seated up to fifteen thousand people.
- Terminology at the Circus ~ an explanation of the different parts of the Circus Maximus, as well as its developmental history.
- The Roman Circus ~ from Lacus•Curtius.com
- History of the Circus Maximus ~ a developmental history of the Circus Maximus from RomeGuide.it.
- Stabula IIII Factionum, Article in Samuel Ball Platner's 1929 "A Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome"
- History of the Circenses, Article by Anthony Rich, Jun. B.A. of Caius College, Cambridge, and William Smith, D.C.L., LL.D.: A Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities, John Murray, London, 1875.
- Chariot Racing, Wikipedia Article
Traditional Ludi of Ancient Rome
March 26-27: Feriae Latinae (special religious race of champions chosen by Dominii Factionis)
April 4-10: Megalesia
April 19-26: Cerialia (Aediles Plebei)
April 27- May 2: Floralia
June 25-26: Ludi Taurei Quinquennale
July 6-13: Ludi Apollinares
July 20-30: Ludi Victoriae Caesaris
August 21: Consualia
September 5-19: Ludi Romani
Oct 11-12: Meditrinalia
October 13-14: Fontinalia
October 19: Armilustrium
Oct. 25-Nov. 1: Ludi Victoriae Sullanae
Nov. 4-17: Ludi Plebei (Aediles Plebei)
Dec. 11: Septimonium