Category talk:Master Index
Just 3 areas
Let's limit ourselves to three main sections:
- Nova Roma
- Roma Antiqua
In general, I expect that many articles will be created in pairs; one in "Nova Roma" and one in "Roma Antiqua". This may seem silly at first, but in the long run it will make things easier. Agricola 03:06, 25 February 2007 (CET)
Names of categories
Our policy on titles of articles is to use capital letters only for the first word in the title, plus any proper nouns. Why are capitals used for the initial letter of every word in the titles of categories? I know the policy on article-titles is partly for ease of linking and therefore doesn't apply to categories, but is there a positive reason to have a different policy for categories?
In any case, if there is a policy of 'all initial capitals' for categories, we should probably include a note to that effect in the relevant help files.
- Cordus 20:35, 26 September 2007 (CEST)
- I think we hadn't thought through the policy clearly when we started out, and there is no "move" function for categories, so they have stayed the way they were. The same policy should apply to cats, in my opinion. Making the change is another example of a good bot-project. Agricola 09:12, 27 September 2007 (CEST)
- Should we therefore put something in the help files to say that future categories should follow the policy for ordinary article-names?
- - Cordus 16:48, 27 September 2007 (CEST)
- That wouldn't be a bad idea. On the other hand, it isn't something that comes up too often, and I am reluctant to bring up the idea of creating new categories without first stressing the need to look at the existing categories first. Agricola 05:25, 28 September 2007 (CEST)
- Okay, well let's leave it for now. If we know the policy we can always mention it privately to people who seem to be creating categories.
- - Cordus 14:27, 28 September 2007 (CEST)