Home| Latíné | Deutsch | Español | Français | Italiano | Magyar | Português | Română | Русский | English
- MIT: The Internet Classics Archive
- Perseus digital library at Tufts: Greek and Roman Materials
- Internet Sacred Text Archive: Greek and Roman
- Bill Thayer's Lacus Curtius Translations of several dozen works, plus William Smith's Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities, Samuel Ball Platner's A Topographical Dictionary of Ancient Rome (rev. Thomas Ashby 1929) and more.
- Forum Romanum: Classics digital library
- Maecenas, Images of Ancient Greece and Rome Photos by Leo C. Curran
- Vicipaedia·Latina Online encyclopedia in Latin.
- The Latin Library Classical texts in Latin.
- Official CIL database. You have to know the CIL number to use it. Our template "Template:CIL" links to this database automatically.
- BBC History: Romans
- A list of about 1,300 ancient History and Classics journals, with L'Année philologique abbreviations, maintained by the University of Queensland, Brisbane Australia.
- Greek and Latin Inscriptions is a collection of digitized squeezes of inscriptions from Greece, Italy, and Macedonia at the Ohio State University.
- Suda on line from stoa.org. (Also "Souda", Greek: Σοῦδα, formerly often "Suidas"). A massive 10th century Byzantine encyclopedia. See "Suda" on Wikipedia.
- Vici.org: Interactive map of Roman historical sites
- Pelagios Project: Interactive map of the Roman Empire
- Podcast: The History of Rome RSS feed
- Blog: A Don's Life by Mary Beard, professor in classics at Cambridge and classics editor of the Times Literary Supplement. RSS feed
- Arion Selected articles only on line.
- Bryn Mawr Classical Review "...publishes timely reviews of current scholarly work in the field of classical studies (including archaeology)." ISSN 1055-7660
- Didaskalia: Ancient Theatre Today
- Digressus "...fully refereed online journal publishing reviews and articles related to Classical Studies, Archeaology and Byzantine Studies."
- Electronic Antiquity from Virginia Tech
- Histos 1997 - 2000 "Electronic Journal of Ancient Historiography at the University of Durham
- Journal of the International Plato Society "...to promote international dialogue on Plato across different languages and scholarly approaches."
- Leeds International Classical Studies "... an electronic journal associated with the Leeds International Classics Seminar. It publishes articles and interim discussion papers on all aspects of Greek and Roman antiquity, and of the history of the classical tradition." RSS feed
- SCHOLIA: Studies in Classical Antiquity ISSN 1018-9017 features critical and pedagogical articles on a diverse range of subjects dealing with classical antiquity. It also includes review articles, reviews and other sections dealing with classics.
- Studia Humaniora Tartuensia "...scholarly papers and notes embodying original research in all areas of the humanities, but especially classical studies and ancient history, Neo-Latin studies, classical tradition, history of scholarship and philosophy." ISSN 1406-6203
- Talia dixit " Talia Dixit. Interdisciplinary Journal of Rhetoric and Historiography is a peer-reviewed electronic journal devoted to the study of rhetoric and historiography up until the Renaissance." Articles in English or Spanish. ISSN 1886-9440
Open University, Duke, Yale, Harvard, Columbia, Oxford, Cambridge, and a number of other universities have podcast-format free courses available on their websites which are worth investigation and consideration. Some have a number of lectures available as audio or video files. We recommend iTunesU, at least for Windows and Mac users. Courses are usually audio or video, and don't necessarily require an iDevice of any sort; iTunes or QuickTime (standard iTunes install) are usually sufficient.
Help to improve this page
Send suggestions and corrections to the administrators, or note them on the discussion page.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Bibliotheca"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.