The rogators have sent me the final results of the elections.
I wish to thank them for their hard work - the position of Rogator
is a 'behind the scenes' job which indeed gets too little mention.
I also wish to publicly congratulate our newly elected magistrates!
-Marcus Cassius Julianus
Tied votes, decided upon by the gods:
Dio: wins 16 votes extra
Vedia wins 10 votes extra
This brings the total to: Diocletianus 100 and Vedia 56
** Diocletianus is elected CENSOR.
M. Octavius Germanicus 97
L. Cornelius Sulla 94
** Both are elected, M. Octavius is senior.
Praetor: new elections necessary, but the results of these elections
Pompeia 76 (not a mater familias, Fortunatus and Fabius are both PF)
Fortunatus 62 + 2
Fabius 47 + 2
The tied centuries were decided upon by the gods.
Gaius Geminius Germanus 1
Necessary Centuries to win: half of the voting centuries +1. 158
centuries voted, 80 centuries needed to win.
**No candidate has sufficient votes, so a second election will be
Lex Vedia de Tribuni
No (including Abstineo) 23
Lex Vedia de Liberus Civium
No (including Abstineo) 16
The results for the C Populi Tributa are as follows:
- Caeso Fabius Quintilianus, elected with 34 tribus
- Amulius Claudius Petrus, elected with 32 tribus
- Marcus Minucius Audens with 26 tribus
- G. Quirinus Italicus Caesar with 22 tribus
- Decius Cornelius with 21 tribus
- Titus Octavius Pius with 20 tribus
- Quintus Fabius Maximus with 20 tribus
- Franciscus Apulius Caesar with 20 tribus
Laenas and Hadrianus are not elected with resp. 14 and 11 tribus,
so a second election will be needed (you need half of the 35
tribus + 1 to win)
G. Geminius Germanus 1
G. Africanus Secundus 1
C. Puteus Germanicus 1
- Marcus Octavius Germanicus elected with 30 tribus (29 + 1
decided by the gods i.e. by lot)
- Franciscus Apulius Caesar is not elected with 5 tribus (1 +
4 decided by the gods i.e. by lot)
- M. Scipiadus Scipio Africanus elected with 35 tribus
- P. Vedia Serena elected with 20 tribus
- M. Villius Limitanus lost with 15 tribus (11 directly + 4 tied ones,
since he is a pater familias)
- Julilla Sempronia Magna elected with 34 tribus
- Titus Horatius Atticus with 22
- M. Scipiadus Scipio Africanus with 21
- P. Domitianus (12) and M. Bianchius Antonius (8) are not elected
and will need a second election (see remark at quaestores)
- Lex Vedia de Quaestores is not accepted with 25 tribus (No-votes
including Abstineo) and 10 tribus voting yes
- Lex Vedia de Oratorio is not accepted with 22 tribus (No-votes
including Abstineo) and 13 tribus voting yes
- Lex Vedia de Magisterium Aetate is accepted with 33 tribus and 2
For the decision of the gods concerning the throwing of lot for the
position of Curator Araneum, I thrust my collegue Marcus
Scribonius Curio Britannicus in his message to the rogatores.
17 DEMEMBER MMDCCLIV