Decretum Collegii Pontificum et Augurum De Iure
Auspicandi et Tripudio
- De Iure Auspicandi
- Curule magistrates who are practitioners of the Religio Romana shall
have the ius auspicandi.
- A curule magistrate who is a
practitioner of the Religio Romana, but not an augur, pontifex, flamen,
sacerdos, or pullarius, shall submit a written report of any
auspication he has taken and his interpretation thereof to the
Collegium Augurum for verification that vitium has not occurred in the
- In the event of vitium, the Collegium Augurum,
providing such advice as shall be necessary to correct the defect,
shall require the curule magistrate to repeat the auspication
- Curule magistrates who are not practitioners of the
Religio Romana shall not have the ius auspicandi.
- A curule magistrate who is not a practitioner of the Religio Romana shall
consult an augur or pullarius who shall take the auspication and
provide an interpretation thereof to the curule magistrate.
- In the event that the curule magistrate shall dispute interpretation of
the auspication, the curule magistrate may appeal to the Collegium
Augurum for ultimate interpretation of the auspication.
- De Modo Tripudii
- Whenever possible, tripudium shall be the preferred
means of auspication for meetings of the comitia or the
- The principal bird for use in tripudium shall be the
- The Collegium Augurum may determine that other birds of
good omen may be used for tripudium.
- The Collegium Augurum establishes the rules by which a correct tripudium is
- De Sodalitate Pullariorum
- The person charged with responsibility for maintaining and feeding the sacred
birds for tripudium shall be a pullarius.
- B. It shall be the
responsibility of the Collegium Augurum to appoint and train
- C. Pullarii appointed by the Collegium Augurum shall
constitute the Sodalitas Pulliariorum and its members shall have the
rank and century points of a sacerdos.
- De Impietate et Auspicando
- It shall constitute an offence of impietas prudens
dolo malo for a curule magistrate to knowingly convene a meeting of the
Comitia Centuriata, Comitia Populi Tributa, or the Senate without
performance of a valid auspication.
- A person who has been
convicted of this offence of impietas prudens dolo malo shall suffer
the penalty of exactio for life.
- Trial for the offence of
impetas dolo malo shall be conducted in accordance with the Lex Salicia
Iudiciaria, or those Leges which replace Lex Salicia Iudiciaria. No
prosecution shall be accepted for offences under this decretum which
occurred prior to this decretum's promulgation.
- De Auspicando et Comitiis Plebis
- In accordance with the mos maiorum auspices shall not be taken to
convene the Comitia Plebis
QVOD BONVM FAVSTVM FELIX FORTVNATVMQVE SIT
POPVLO ROMANO QUIRITIBVS
ante diem IV Nonas December (2 December 2003)
Ex Officio Lucius Equitius Cincinnatus Augur
It is my pleasure to announce the appointment of
Gaius Iulius Scaurus to Pullarius and head of 'De Sodalitate
QVOD BONVM FAVSTVM FELIX FORTVNATVMQVE SIT POPVLO ROMANO
ante diem VII Idus December MMDCCLVI auc (7 December