LEX EQVITIA DE CORRIGENDIS LEGVM ERRATIS
Paragraph IV. A. 8. of the Constitution of Nova Roma mandates that the
webmaster and other vigintisexviri 'fulfill such necessary functions as
shall be assigned to them by law.'
It is both prudent and desirable to rectify the many minor errors in our
laws which alter neither their spirit nor intent, but which mar them nonetheless.
- The webmaster is hereby assigned the duty of correcting typographical, orthographic, grammatical, and similar errors existing in past, present, and future legislation, insofar as these alter neither the spirit nor the intent of the law.
- The webmaster shall undertake this with the assistance of a competent Latin translator.
- The praetors shall be informed of any and all changes made under the authority of the webmaster, and shall verify that none alters the spirit or the intent of the law.
- Magistrates are hereby required to have all proposed laws reviewed by a competent Latin translator to ensure that any errors which may occur in proposed laws are corrected before the webmaster may include them in a cista for voting. [A 'cista' is what we call a web page containing the names of candidates and the text of proposed laws so that voters may see them before voting].
- The webmaster, or a competent proofreader designated by this magistrate, shall also review all proposed laws for errors named in Paragraph I above, and correct them as necessary before including them in a cista for voting.
- This law shall take effect immediately upon ratification by the Comitia Populi Tributa.
Passed by Comitia Populi Tributa, Yes-30; No-3; Abstain-2
02 Iunius MMDCCLVII