LEX VEDIA TRIBVTARIA
(Enacted by dictatorial edictum 7/30/99 with the force and authority of law.)
In accordance with paragraph II.E.1. of the Constitution of Nova Roma, the Lex Vedia
Tributaria is hereby enacted to instruct the censors in the matter of the division of the
voting citizenry of Nova Roma into their respective tribes.
- The censors shall apportion individuals among the rural tribes as evenly as possible
by the assigning of newly enrolled citizens into those tribes that are numerically
- The censors may, if possible, assign members to tribes based on geography, but such
considerations shall be secondary to the goal of maintaining equal membership in the
- No citizen shall be removed from one tribe to be included in another, save those
who are transferred to the urban tribes by their failure to vote in the annual magisterial
- Members of the urban tribes who subsequently vote in the annual magisterial
elections and therefore have the right to be returned to one of the rural tribes, shall be
assigned to such a tribe based on section I of this law, and will not necessarily be
returned to their original tribe.
- Membership in the tribes shall be a matter of public record, and shall be published
by the censors annually no later than the last day of November.
Passed by Dictatorial Edictum
30 Quintilis MMDCCLII