Subject: [Nova-Roma] Nova Roma needs you!!!
From: "Tib. Equitius Germanicus" <tyrael_equitius@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:19:02 -0500
Omnibus salutem multam dicit Tiberius Equitius Germanicus
Nova Roma must, as a nation, ever continue to move forward in the quest for a tangible idenity. Whether you interpret this as the acquisition of soverine territory or land within other macronations primarily for the use of Roman facilities (office buildings, a Senatorial building, Temples, festival lands, etc.), this need for land is something that affects all cives. The Sodalitas Adquisitioni Argenti et Terrarum, the Sodalitas dedicated to the acquisition of land, needs anyone who has that drive for making the future of Nova Roma a reality. Join TODAY!! Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NRLandProject/ and make your contribution to our great cause!
DI VOS INCOLVMES CVSTODIANT

PRAEFECTVS ADQVISITIONIS ARGENTI ET TERRARVM PRO TEMPORE

SODALIS SODALITATIS EGRESSI

GENTILIS PATRICIAE GENTIS EQVITIAE

CIVIS NOVAE ROMAE

--------------------------------------------------------------

Salus populi suprema est lex.

The welfare of the people is the supreme law.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Faring along, again!
From: Pipar - Steven - Venii <catamount_grange@inwave.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 23:20:04 -0500
Health and Luck All,

Piparskeggr known as Venator here:

Please forgive the broadcast, but I wanted the folks with whom I correspond the most to get this
message.

In the morning I hit the road.

I shall be attending the Asatru Alliance Althing and shall not be back until late on the 30th.

Be good all.
But, if you can't be good...
Do the bad thing well 8-P

--
=========================================
In Frith under Troth, may the Gods see you!
- Piparskeggr skjaldberi Ullar
AKA
- Piperbarbus Ullerius Venator

Reyn til Tuna! - Hildikattsmal

Subject: [Nova-Roma] To Pro.Postumius Nero and Drusilla Cornelia Crispina (In Magistratuum Aetatem)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 08:59:30 -0000
AVETE PRO.POSTVMI NERO ET DRVSILLA CORNELIA CRISPINA

As other citizens already said (but I will repeat it) a Magistracy
is not the only way to serve Nova Roma.
In addition, I must tell you that I would never vote for you if you
had never worked and proved your abilities to Nova Roma before a
campaign.
As you probably already understood, Nova Roma is not a game.
Ambition could even be a good "propulsor" for one's activity, but
ambition itself do not make a good impression.
I am sure you have the best intentions towards Nova Roma, but
somebody else could ignore it yet.
Our Magistrates must be reliable people, and age apart, the
citizens will choose the candidate they trust.
You have to gain the People's confidence, without believing that
you can reach this target holding an office as a Magistrate, given
that nobody will elect an unknown.

Start working, and show your abilities, willingness and reliability.
I know that other citizens already offered you to collaborate with
them.
I can do the same: as Dominus Praefectus of the Sodalitas Egressus I
can offer you both to collaborate with me on an important project.
If you are interested, please contact me privately.

VALETE BENE
MANIVS-CONSTANTINVS-SERAPIO
Legatus Externis Rebus Provinciae Italiae
Dominus Praefectus Sodalitatis Egressus
-------------
PROVINCIA ITALIA
http://italia.novaroma.org
-------------
ADMINISTRATIO AEDILIS PLEBIS CICATRIX
http://www.geocities.com/mcserapio/aediliscicatrix.html
-------------
GENS CONSTANTINIA
http://www.geocities.com/mcserapio/constantinia-en.html

Subject: [Nova-Roma] looking for citizen Marcus Sentius Accipiter
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:00:44 +0300
Salvete,

If you are in contact with citizen Marcus Sentius Accipiter, please
ask him to contact me. It is about the coming Nova Roman meeting in
Belgium that he has subscribed, and I would like to communicate with
him some important things he should know about it.

Valete
--
Caius Curius Saturninus

Legatus Regionis Finnicae
Procurator Academia Thules ad Studia Romana Antiqua et Nova
Praeses et Triumvir Academia Thules ad Studia Romana Antiqua et Nova
Scriba Aedilis (Caeso Fabius Q.) Concursus

e-mail: c.curius@welho.com
www.insulaumbra.com/regiofinnica
www.insulaumbra.com/academiathules
gsm: +358-50-3315279
fax: +358-9-8754751

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] Short lesson in NR Gov. (was on the Resignation of Offices)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 06:49:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/02 7:35:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
lsicinius@yahoo.com writes:

Salvete.
Several comments on this:

> The Edict does not apply. A Consul has no imperium
> over the office of tribune of the Plebs. Even if this
> years Consuls had extended the edict (Which they did
> not do) it would have applied to all Magistrates
> EXCEPT the Tribunes.
>

Which was true in old Rome. However the redress available to Senate and
Patricians was that a Tribune could be bought or killed to eliminate the
problem. I.e., Drusus' death to stop the Socii plebiscite.
This cannot happen in NR. So what do we do? Vedius only wanted Tribunes to
protect the spirit of the Nova Roman Constitution. This "power" was in the
form of intercesso, of the other magistrates edicta which would undermine the
Roman constitution. The two Tribunes, would have to act in concert, for the
intercesso to be effective. They could also summon the assembly of the
plebeians.
But constitutional historians, (myself included) wanted more power for the
Tribunes. Only because it was pretty much a ceremonial office in early Nova
Roma, and did not sit well with our reconstruction status. We allowed the
entrance of Plebiscites and made them binding, provided that the Patricians
could say yay or nay to them. We also increased the number of tribunes.
Vedius wanted enough Tribunes to induce discord among the office, so it was
highly unlikely they would agree on anything. :)

However in return for this increased power we put a check on them. That
check was that they became ordinary magistrates subject to ALL NR laws. This
would have included any resignation edicta in power at the time.

> The Independance of the Tribunes from the Imperium of
> any Magistrate is a key feature of the office. No
> Edict from any Magistrate (Except a Dictator or one
> empowered by a Senatus Consultum Ultimatum) that
> affects a Tribunes ability to carry out the duties of
> his office or the term of his office has any legal
> standing when applied to a Tribune.
>
The Roman Monarchy had divided the populace into thirty groups (curiae)
called the assembly of the groups (comitia curiata). It was summoned when
the King wanted the peoples' opinion. It had no real legislative power. The
King's authority was absolute. The army was based on the Etruscan practice
of levying rich men into the Phalanx, (Greek for roller) and it was the
Patricians that made up the bulk of the army. It took money in those days to
arm yourself, and for the most part people with means were Patricians.
When the monarchy was dissolved, to set the political mood several things
must be understood between old Rome and us.
First off there were the Patricians. These were the powerful landowners who
supplied the major military force, and the money to carry out those
campaigns. This made them the major power in Rome.
In Nova Roma, the Patricians are a ceremonial title. A Familia is considered
Patrician only if it was the one of the first Gens (clan) around for the
"founding" of Nova Roma. Gens may also be elevated into Patrician status, if
an old Patrician gens closes. Except for the respect given by the people to
such gens, for being here in the beginning, Patrician Gens have no real
power.

Then there were the Plebeians. These were the free citizens. They had no say
in the government, except in the assembly. And that was very limited.
In NR the bulk of the people are Plebeians. However except for getting
membership in the assembly of the Plebes, there is no difference between the
two. Plebeians have just as much say in the NR government as Patricians.

Now if this is clear, let's return to Nova Roma history.

Valete
Q. Fabius Maximus

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] To The Senate and the People of Nova Roma
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 05:16:07 -0700 (PDT)

If you wish to join gens Geminia, you would be accepted.
socraticquestion@netscape.net wrote:Pro. Postumius Nero Drusus Sepulchratus Senatui Populoque Romano Novo S.P.D.

Salvete Quirites Augusti,

I have, for some time, been considering my actions thus far with regard to my activities within Nova Roma. At the head of my thoughts, I have been most considering that I am not a citizen, nor have I ever been, of Nova Roma. That said, I would like to respectfully state that I must ,from now until such time as my citizenship is approved, minimize my activities with Nova Roma. It is my contention that I have, being that I am not yet a citizen, been involving myself unjustly and without right in the operations and other activities of Nova Roma. Therefore, until such time as I am a citizen, whenever that may be, I will be minimally active. I will continue my workings with those who request my assistance and otherwise, but I cannot and will not act as a citizen of Nova Roma, but as a foreigner. Should my assistance or anything else be requested, I would be most honored to help with anything in any way I can, but I cannot act in the interest of Nova Roma in the ways I have before. Also, until such time as I earn my citizenship, I, regretfully, must ask that I be referred to by my legal American name. Again, I regret this action, but I cannot justly and rightfully do otherwise.

Most Sorrowfully and Respectfully Submitted,

c/ENS Lester A. Jones,
Assistant Operations Officer,
Northwest High School, Cincinnati, OH
USNJROTC

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Mail account today at http://webmail.netscape.com/

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Decuria of Interpreters - Constitution translated to Portuguese
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Lucius=20Arminius=20Faustus?= <lafaustus@yahoo.com.br>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:28:39 -0300 (ART)

Salve quirites!

As a member of the Decuria of Interpretes, it is my pleasure to present you the Translation of Nova Roma Constitution to Portuguese. The html text is available at my office: http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/lafaustus/trad/constituicao.html

I´m sure that will be useful to all portuguese speakers.

Como membro da Decúria de Intérpretes, é meu prazer apresentá-los a Tradução da Constituição de Nova Roma. O texto em html está disponível em meu escritório. http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/lafaustus/trad/constituicao.html

Tenho certeza que será útil para todos falantes de português.

CONSTITUIÇÃO DE NOVA ROMA

Tradução para o português de Lucius Arminius Faustus em 2755AUC

Nota do Tradutor: Todos os termos latinos traduzidos para o português seguiram a grafia da consagrada tradução de Paulo Matos Peixoto da História de Roma "Ab Urbe Condita" de Tito Lívio, Editora Paumapé, 1990.

Preâmbulo

Nós, o Senado e povo de Nova Roma, uma nação independente e soberana, de agora em diante estabelecemos esta constituição dando a fundação e estrutura de nossas instituições governantes e sociedade comum. Por esta declaramos nossa nação para permanecer como uma baliza para aquelas que desejem recriar o melhor da Antiga Roma. Como uma nação, Nova Roma será a pátria e centro mundial da Religião Romana. As funções preliminares de Nova Roma serão promover o estudo e a prática da civilização romana pagã, compreendida desde o período da fundação da cidade de Roma em 753 AC à remoção do altar da Vitória no Senado em 394AD, abrangendo campos como a religião, a cultura, a política, a arte, a literatura, a língua, e a filosofia.

Como herdeira espiritual à antiga República e Império romanos, Nova Roma esforçar-se-á para existir, em todas as maneiras práticas e aceitáveis, como a restauração moderna da República Romana Antiga. A cultura, a religião e a sociedade da nova Roma serão modeladas em cima daquelas da Roma antiga.

I. BASE CONSTITUCIONAL

A. A base constitucional deste documento será a autoridade básica para toda a tomada de decisão dentro de Nova Roma e limitará a autoridade de todos os magistrados e poderes, bem como todas as leis aprovadas pelos Comícios, pelos decretos dos colégios sacerdotais, pelos éditos magisteriais e pelos senadoconsultos serão sujeitos a ela exceto como fornecidos pelos dois parágrafos seguintes:

1. O édito de um ditador apontado sob esta constituição pode cancelar suas determinações, tanto que empossado para fazer assim pelo senadoconsulto permitindo sua nomeação

2. Esta constituição pode ser emendada por uma lei aprovada pelo Comício das Centúrias e aprovada por voto de dois terços do Senado.

B. Precedência legal: Esta constituição será a autoridade legal mais elevada dentro de Nova Roma, a parte dos éditos emitidos por um ditador legalmente apontado. Será seguida depois em autoridade legal pelos éditos emitidos pelos cônsules agindo embasados por um Decreto Extremo do Senado (Senatus consultum ultima), leis corretamente votadas e aprovadas por um Comício, decretos aprovados pelo Colégio Pontifical, decretos aprovados pelo Colégio Augural, Senadoconsulto, e pelos éditos dos magistrados (em ordem de autoridade descendente como descrita na seção IV deste constituição), nessa ordem. Se uma autoridade mais baixa se opuser a uma autoridade mais elevada, a autoridade mais elevada terá precedência. Se uma lei passada por um comício contradizer uma passada por outra ou pelo mesmo comício sem explicitamente sobreceder essa lei, a lei mais recente terá precedência.

C. Esta constituição servirá como estatuto para Nova Roma, uma entidade legalmente existente no estado de New Hampshire, EUA (citados daqui por diante como "a corporação"). A conduta e os procedimentos do quadro de diretores e membros da corporação estarão de acordo com as diretrizes determinadas nesta constituição. O quadro de diretores da Corporação será composto pelo Senado de Nova Roma (como descrito na seção V desta constituição), e os membros da corporação serão compostos pelos magistrados de Nova Roma (como descrito na seção IV desta constituição), como se segue:

1. Os presidentes da corporação serão os cônsules de Nova Roma.
2. Os vice-presidentes da corporação serão os pretores de Nova Roma.
3. Os tesoureiros da corporação serão os questores de Nova Roma.
4. Os secretários da corporação serão os censores de Nova Roma.

D. Esta constituição pode ser alterada por uma lei passada pelo Comício das Centúrias; tais alterações a esta constituição devem ser ratificadas por voto de dois terços do Senado antes de terem efeito. O édito de um ditador apontado pode também alterar este constituição, submetido à ratificação do Senado.

E. O uso dos pronomes masculinos e de termos técnicos dentro desta constituição é feito unicamente para maior clareza, e não será interpretado para implicar nenhuma disparidade entre sexos perante a lei.

II. Cidadãos e Gentes

A. Cidadania

1. Toda a pessoa sui júris pelas leis de seu domicílio pode requerer cidadania

2. Uma pessoa que não seja sui júris pelas leis de seu domicílio pode, com a permissão escrita de seu pai ou guardião legal pela lei local relevante, peticionar ao pater ou mater-familias de gens de Nova Roma para a admissão àquele gens. Se os paterfamilias concordarem, esta pessoa estará considerada um membro da gens e pode participar na vida religiosa e social de Nova Roma. Tais membros da gens que não são cidadãos plenos são unicamente responsabilidade dos paterfamilias, e não necessitam ser registrados pelos censores.

3. A cidadania está aberta a qualquer um não obstante a herança étnica, o sexo, a afiliação religiosa, ou orientação sexual.

4. A cidadania pode involuntariamente ser revogada por meios que serão estabelecidos pela lei, ou pode voluntariamente ser abandonado pela notificação dos censores ou pela indicação pública ante de três ou mais testemunhas.

B. Os seguintes direitos dos cidadãos serão garantidos, mas esta enumeração não pode ser tomada para excluir outros direitos que os cidadãos podem possuir:

1. Completa autoridade por seus próprios ritos pessoais e da casa, liturgias e crenças, pagãs ou de outra maneira; exceto onde este constituição exige a participação nos ritos da Religião Romana, tal como no caso dos magistrados e do Senado.

2. O direito e a obrigação de permanecer sujeito aos direitos civis e às leis dos países em que residem e/ou possuem a cidadania, não obstante seu status como cidadãos duplos de Nova Roma.

3. O direito de votar nas eleições como membros de seus vários Comícios nas matérias trazidas ante o Povo nos moldes descritos nesta constituição.

4. O direito de participar de todos os fóruns e discussões públicas, e o direito de esperar razoavelmente que tais fóruns sejam mantidos pelo estado. Tais comunicações, não obstante seu conteúdo, não podem ser restringidas pelo estado, exceto onde representem um perigo iminente e claro à República. Pode-se esperar que tais fóruns patrocinados oficialmente sejam moderados razoavelmente nos interesses da ordem e da civilidade.

5. O direito de Apelação (provocatio) ao Comício das Tribos Populares para recorrer de uma decisão de um magistrado que tenha um impacto negativo direto em cima do cidadão apelante.

6. O direito de permanecer soberano e seguro dentro de sua própria casa, pessoa, e propriedade.

7. O direito de procurar e receber o auxílio e conselho do estado nas matérias da disputa religiosa e social ocorrentes dentro e fora da jurisdição direta de Nova Roma.

8. O direito de possuir empresas de negócio dentro de Nova Roma através da instituição da Ordem Eqüestre, e o direito de receber um incentivo razoável para construir uma economia forte com o comércio romano orientado; as únicas limitações que são aqueles materiais informativos e outros registrados pelo estado, que permanecerão sua propriedade.

C. As Ordens. Mesmo que os membros das três ordens sejam iguais sob os olhos da lei, a instituição das ordens é significativa bastante para que seja perpetuada em Nova Roma. Há três ordens em que todos os cidadãos recaem:

2. Ordem Patrícia. O patriciarcado consistirá daqueles gentes que estiveram entre as primeiras trinta para se juntar a nova Roma. Neste número houver vacância, os censores terão o poder de elevar uma gens plebéia ao status de patrícia em seu lugar.

3. Ordem eqüestre. Os eqüestres consistirão nos cidadãos que são engajados na conduta do comércio (preferivelmente com um tema romano) que pediram e foi concedida a entrada na ordem pelos censores. Esperam-se de tais indivíduos que contribuam com uma parcela do rendimento obtido com Nova Roma de volta ao estado, e recebem em retorno incentivos razoáveis a seus empreendimentos. Para os efeitos de participação nos Comícios, ou pretensão às magistraturas, os membros eqüestres serão considerados como membros do patriciarcado ou da plebe, dependendo de seu status antes da inclusão na ordem eqüestre.

4. Ordem plebéia. A plebe consistirá nos indivíduos que não pertencem às ordens patrícia ou eqüestre.

D. Gentes. As famílias e os clãs são a espinha dorsal da sociedade romana, as prerrogativas e responsabilidades da família são da importância primordial em Nova Roma. A não ser que onde tratado especificamente nesta constituição e nas lei, cada gens terá direito a determinar seu próprio curso de ação, e os pais terão incontestável direito e responsabilidade à instrução e a criação de suas crianças.

1. Cada gens será registrada pelos censores, que manterão registros dos membros da gens e outras informações relevantes.

2. Duas gentes não podem ter o mesmo nomen (sobrenome) a menos que forem diferenciadas por um agnomen. Os censores serão responsáveis para assegurar que esta regra será observada.

3. Cada gens, com os que meios puder determinar apropriados, terá um paterfamilias (fem. materfamilias), que agirá como o líder dos gens e responderá por ela quando necessário. Para a manutenção desta posição deve haver o registro como tal junto aos censores. Os paterfamilias podem, a sua discrição, expelir membros de seus gens, ou aceitar membros novos nela.

E. Tribos e Centúrias

1. Existirão trinta e cinco tribos em que os censores dividirão os cidadãos. Trinta e uma destas tribos serão designadas como tribos rurais, e atribuídas pelos censores como determinadas por lei aprovada pelo Comício das Tribos Populares. Quatro destas tribos serão designadas como tribos urbanas, e compostas daqueles cidadãos que não votaram nas eleições magisteriais anuais. Se um membro de uma tribo urbana votar subseqüentemente em uma eleição magisterial anual, estarão atribuídos novamente a uma tribo rural.

2. Existirão cento e noventa e três centúrias, em que os censores dividirão todos os cidadãos. A composição exata destas centúrias será determinada por lei passada nos Comícios das Centúrias, que será mais favorável em favor daqueles cidadãos que mostraram mais compromisso a Nova Roma.

III. Comícios

A. O Comício Curial será composto de trinta lictores curiais, apontado para sua posição pelo Colégio Pontifical. Será convocado pelo Pontífice Máximo, e o Colégio Pontifical ajustará as regras pelas quais o Comício Curial operará internamente. Terá as seguintes responsabilidades:

1. Investir magistrados eleitos e apontados com Imperium (necessário para empregar o coercitio, o poder para compelir à obediência a seus éditos, para interpretar e para executar a lei)
2. Testemunhar a nomeação de sacerdotes e de sacerdotisas oficiais da Religião Romana, adoções, e o registro de vontades.

B. O Comício das Centúrias será composto de todos os cidadãos, agrupados em suas respectivas centúrias. Por ser convocado por requisição de um cônsul ou por um pretor, apenas o Comício das Centúrias aprovará as leis que governam as regras pelas quais operará internamente. Terá os seguintes poderes:

1. Decretar leis que afetem a todos cidadãos.
2. Eleger cônsules, pretores e censores.
3. Julgar casos legais em que o réu é sujeito à remoção permanente de cidadania.

C. O Comício das Tribos Plebéias (Assembléia dos Plebeus) será composto de todos os cidadãos não-patrícios, agrupados em suas tribos respectivas. Por ser convocado por requisição de um tribuno da plebe, apenas o Comício das Centúrias aprovará as leis que governam as regras pelas quais operará internamente. Terá os seguintes poderes:

1. Decretar plebiscitos com força de lei que afetem a todos cidadãos.
2. Eleger os edis plebeus e tribunos da plebe.
3. Julgar os casos legais que envolvem unicamente os membros da ordem plebéia que não envolvem a remoção permanente da cidadania.

D. O Comício das Tribos Populares (Assembléia do Povo) será composto de todos os cidadãos, agrupados em suas tribos respectivas. Por ser convocado por requisição de um cônsul ou de um pretor, apenas o Comício das Centúrias aprovará as leis que governam as regras pelas quais operará internamente. Terá os seguintes poderes:

1. Decretar leis que afetem a todos cidadãos.
2. Eleger questores e edis curuis.
3. Julgar casos legais que não envolvem a remoção permanente da cidadania.

IV. Os Magistrados

Os magistrados são oficiais eleitos e apontados responsáveis pela manutenção e conduta dos negócios de estado. Há duas categorias de magistrados: Ordinários (aqueles que são eleitos ordinariamente) e extraordinários (aqueles que apenas ocasionalmente são apontados ou eleitos). As qualificações necessárias para concorrer a estas posições serão decretadas por lei aprovada por um dos Comícios apropriados.

A. Os ordinários, em ordem decrescente de autoridade, são como descritos a seguir. Se uma magistratura no meio do mandato se tornar vacante e os candidatos apropriados estiverem disponíveis, dentro de trinta dias uma eleição será efetuada no Comício apropriado para eleger um sucessor para servir durante o restante do mandato. Se um dos ordinários for considerado inadequado em seus deveres, este magistrado pode ser removido por lei originária do Comício que o elegeu. As eleições dos ordinários não ocorrerão depois de 16 de dezembro, e os magistrados recém-eleitos assumirão seus cargos em 1 de janeiro. Exceções a estas determinações podem ser encontradas na seção V desta constituição.

1. Censor. Dois censores serão eleitos pelo Comício das Centúrias para servir a um mandato de dois anos. Serão eleitos em anos alternados para haver uma sobreposição dos mandatos em um ano. Terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Emitir éditos necessários para realizar aquelas tarefas que são exigidas por este constituição e outras leis (como éditos que afetem a si mesmos bem como outros no exercício da magistratura).
b. Manter o album civium (lista dos cidadãos), incluindo a tribo e a centúria, tarefas as quais são encarregados pela lei, bem como outras informações apropriadas.
c. Manter o album gentium (lista das famílias - gentes) e as informações apropriadas a respeito delas.
d. Manter o album senatorium (lista dos Senadores), incluindo o poder para adicionar e remover nomes nessa lista de acordo com as qualificações ajustadas pela lei.
e. Manter o album equestris (listas dos membros da ordem eqüestre), incluindo o poder adicionar e remover nomes nessa lista.
f. Proteger a moralidade e a honra pública através da administração colegial da nota.
1. Uma nota contra um indivíduo ordinário será suficiente para privar este indivíduo do direito de votar até que o instante em que é removida.
2. Uma nota contra um membro do Senado será suficiente para remover este indivíduo do Senado até o instante em que é removida.
g. Apontar escrivões (secretários) para a assistência com tarefas administrativas e outras, como melhor lhe aprouver.

2. Cônsul. Dois cônsules serão eleitos anualmente pelo Comício das Centúrias para servir a um mandato que dura um ano. Terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Possuir Imperium e terem a honra de serem precedido por doze lictores.
b. Emitir os éditos necessários para auxiliar nas tarefas de sua obrigação e função em Nova Roma (como éditos que afetem a si mesmos bem como outros no exercício da magistratura).
c. Convocar o Senado, o Comício das Centúrias, e o Comício das Tribos Populares.
d. Pronunciar o intercessio (intercessão, um veto) contra um outro cônsul ou um magistrado de pouca autoridade;
e. Apontar acensos (assistentes pessoais) para a assistência com tarefas administrativas e outras, como melhor lhe aprouver.

3. Pretor. Dois pretores serão eleitos pelo Comício das Centúrias para servir a um mandato que dura um ano. Terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Possuir Imperium e terem a honra de serem precedido por seis lictores.
b. Emitir os éditos necessários para auxiliar nas tarefas de sua obrigação e função em Nova Roma bem como administrar a lei (como éditos que afetem a si mesmos bem como outros no exercício da magistratura).
c. Convocar o Senado, o Comício das Centúrias, e o Comício das Tribos Populares quando os cônsules forem indisponíveis.
d. Pronunciar o intercessio contra a um outro pretor ou magistrado de menor autoridade.
e. Apontar escrivões (secretários) para a assistência com tarefas administrativas e outras, como melhor lhe aprouver.

4. Edil Curul. Dois edis curuis serão eleitos pelo Comício das Tribos Populares para servir durante um mandato de um ano. Terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Possuir Imperium
b. Emitir éditos necessários à conduta de jogos públicos e outros festivais e reuniões, assegurar a ordem em eventos religiosos públicos, zelar pela manutenção de quaisquer facilidades públicas reais que o estado possa adquirir, e administrar a lei (como éditos que afetem a si mesmos bem como outros no exercício da magistratura)
c. Pronunciar o intercessio contra um outro edil (curul ou plebeu) ou magistrado de menor autoridade.
d. Apontar escrivões (secretários) para a assistência com tarefas administrativas e outras, como melhor lhe aprouver.

5. Edil Plebeu. Dois edis plebeus serão eleitos pelo Comício das Tribos Plebéias para servir a um mandato que dura um ano. Devem ambos ser da ordem plebéia e terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Emitir éditos necessários à conduta de jogos públicos e outros festivais e reuniões, assegurar a ordem em eventos religiosos públicos, zelar pela manutenção de quaisquer facilidades públicas reais que o estado possa adquirir, e administrar a lei (como éditos que afetem a si mesmos bem como outros no exercício da magistratura)
b. Para pronunciar o intercessio contra um outro edil ou magistrado plebeu de menor autoridade.
c. Para apontar escrivões (secretários) para a assistência com tarefas administrativas e outras, como melhor lhe aprouver.

6. Questor. Um número de questores será eleito pelo Comício das Tribos Populares igual ao número dos cônsules, pretores, e edis para servirem a um mandato que dura um ano. Um questor será atribuído a cada um destes magistrados por acordo mútuo ou, se tais não puderem ser feitos, pela decisão dos cônsules recém-eleitos. Terão o poder e a obrigação de administrar os fundos que lhes serão alocados pelo Senado em seu orçamento anual sob a supervisão do magistrado a quem são atribuídos. Aqueles questores atribuídos diretamente aos cônsules supervisionarão todo erário (Tesouraria), mas nenhum fundo pode ser gasto sem a aprovação prévia do Senado.

7. Tribuno da Plebe. Dois tribunos da plebe serão eleitos pelo Comício das Tribos Plebéias para servir a um mandato que dura um ano. Devem ambos ser da ordem plebéia, e terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Pronunciar colegialmente o intercessio contra ações de todos os outros magistrados (à exceção do ditador e do inter-rei), a senadoconsultos e a leis aprovadas pelos Comícios, quando o espírito e a letra desta constituição forem violados.
b. Ser imune ao intercessio pronunciado por outros magistrados.
c. Ser admitido aos debates do Senado, e manter os cidadãos informados a respeito do progredir das discussões.
d. Convocar o Senado e o Comício das Tribos Plebéias.

8. Vinteseisviros. Coletivamente, os vinteseisviros serão magistrados menores eleitos para cumprir aquelas funções necessárias como lhes será atribuída por leis decretadas por um dos Comícios.

9. Apparitores (Assistentes). Coletivamente, os apparitores não serão considerados magistrados, mas serão apontados em várias decúrias (corporações) para cumprir aquelas funções necessárias como lhes serão atribuídas pela lei decretada por um dos Comícios. Incluirão os lictores, os lictores curiais, os escrivões, e o acensos.

B. Os extraordinários são como se segue:

1. Ditador. Nas épocas da emergência, o Senado pode apontar um ditador para servir a um mandato que não excede seis meses. Na altura de tal nomeação, o Senado pode prescrever uma tarefa dada ou os limites dentro dos quais o ditador é obrigado a permanecer. Os éditos do ditador são absolutos dentro de sua esfera da influência, e objeto de nenhum intercessio ou provocato. O ditador terá Imperium e terá a honra de ser precedido por vinte e quatro lictores. No fim de seu mandato as ações do ditador serão sujeitas à confirmação final pelo Senado.

2. Inter-rei. Se ambas as posições consulares estiverem vacantes ao mesmo tempo, o Senado apontará um Inter-rei para servir a um mandato que dura não mais de cinco dias. O Inter-rei deve ser um membro da ordem patrícia, e terá todos os poderes e responsabilidades de um cônsul normalmente eleito. O Inter-rei organizará novas eleições no Comício das Centúrias para eleger dois cônsules novos para servir durante o restante do mandato dos cônsules precedentes.

V. O Senado

A suprema autoridade política de Nova Roma é o Senado. O album senatorium (lista dos Senadores) será mantido pelos censores de acordo com as qualificações determinadas pela lei. O Senado terá as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

A. Como repositório da experiência e sabedoria nos assuntos de estado, o Senado terá a autoridade para emitir senadoconsultos nos assuntos em que julgar necessário comentar.

B. O Senado exercerá o controle sobre o erário (Tesouraria) e supervisionará os empreendimentos, a política e saúde financeira do estado.

1. Não além do último dia de novembro de cada ano o Senado preparará um orçamento para o seguinte. Este orçamento tratará da distribuição dos fundos do erário aos questores para várias finalidades. Apesar dos questores atribuídos aos cônsules serem responsáveis pela manutenção de toda Tesouraria, nenhum fundo pode ser distribuído sem a aprovação prévia do Senado. O Senado pode, como necessário na mudança das circunstâncias, aprovar um senadoconsulto para modificar o orçamento anual.

2. O Senado pode, por senadoconsulto, impor impostos, taxas, ou outras exigências financeiras aos cidadãos a fim de manter o bem-estar financeiro do estado.

C. O Senado pode, por senadoconsulto, criar províncias para finalidades administrativas e apontar governadores provinciais. Tais governadores podem ter questores atribuídos a eles para assegurar a distribuição de todos os fundos que possam vir do governo central, assim como administrar quaisquer fundos locais.

1. Os governadores terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e obrigações:

a. Possuir Imperium e terem a honra de serem precedido por seis lictores unicamente dentro da jurisdição de sua província.
b. Emitir os éditos necessários para auxiliar nas tarefas de sua obrigação e função em Nova Roma, bem como administrar a lei, dentro da jurisdição de sua província (como éditos que afetem a si mesmos bem como outros no exercício da magistratura).
c. Controlar a organização cotidiana e a administração de seu província
d. Apontar legados para administrar subdivisões de sua província com a toda a autoridade do governador e removê-los, como melhor lhe aprouver.
e. Apontar escrivões (secretários) para a assistência com tarefas administrativas e outras, como melhor lhe aprouver.

2. Os títulos para os governadores provinciais serão estes:

a. Aqueles que servem atualmente como cônsules ou pretores manterão seu título normal.
b. Os cônsules que servem como governadores cujo mandato como cônsul expirou, contudo que estão continuando em seu papel como governadores, serão chamados procônsules.
c. Os pretores que servem como governadores cujo mandato como pretor expirou, contudo que estão continuando em seu mandato de governadores, assim como aqueles cidadãos a quem o Senado apontar que não estão servindo atualmente como cônsul ou pretor serão chamados Propretores.

D. Se o cargo de um magistrado tornar-se vago durante seu mandato, o Senado pode apontar uma recolocação para o restante do mandato se não o for a menos de três meses do fim.

E. O Senado terá o poder emitir o Decreto Extremo do Senado. Quando em efeito, este decreto sobreexcederá todos corpos governamentais restantes e as autoridades (à exceção do ditador) e permitem que o Senado invista os cônsules com poderes absolutos para tratar de uma situação, podendo sofrer apenas veto colegial e revisão pelo Senado. Mesmo sob a autoridade do Decreto Extremo do Senado, os cônsules podem somente temporariamente suspender este constituição, mas não podem decretar nenhumas mudanças permanentes nela.

F. O Senado pode, por senadoconsulto, decretar as regras que governam seus próprios procedimentos internos (tal Senadoconsulto não pode ser sobrexcedido por leis passadas num Comício).

VI. As instituições religiosas públicas

A Religio Romana, a adoração os deuses e deusas de Roma, será a religião oficial de Nova Roma. Todos os magistrados e Senadores, como oficiais do estado, serão exigidos a mostrar publicamente o respeito para a Religião Romana e os deuses e deusas que fizeram a grandeza de Roma. Os magistrados, os Senadores, e os cidadãos não necessitam ser praticantes da Religio Romana, mas não podem se associar a nenhuma atividade que intencionalmente blasfeme ou difame os deuses, a Religião Romana, ou seus praticantes.

Os sacerdócios dos deuses de Roma serão organizados tão próximos quanto as antigas práticas do modelo romano antigo. As instituições da Religião Romana terão autoridade sobre assuntos religiosos apenas no nível do estado e nação, e proverão as fontes sobre os ritos religiosos do estado que os cidadãos podem se utilizar se desejarem. Nova Roma se aproximará de todas religiões restantes com uma visão sincrética, oferecendo amizade a todos os ritos que reconhecem o direito daqueles que praticam e honram a Religião Romana de fazê-lo assim e respeitar suas crenças. Somente os cidadãos de Nova Roma podem ser membros das instituições públicas da Religião Romana, que será organizada e terá suas responsabilidades divididas como mostrado a seguir:

1. O Colégio Pontifical será o mais elevado colegiado sacerdotal. Consistirá no Pontífice Máximo, quatorze Pontífices, doze flâmines, seis Sacerdotisas de Vesta (vestais), o Rei e Rainha dos Sacrifícios. O Colégio Pontifical apontará seus próprios membros. O Colégio terá as seguintes honras, poderes, e responsabilidades:

a. Controlar o calendário, determinar quando os festivais, dias fastos e nefastos ocorrerão e que efeitos terão, dentro dos limites do exemplo de Roma antiga.
b. Ter responsabilidades pelos ritos dentro da Religião Romana e autoridade geral sobre as instituições, ritos e sacerdotes da Religião Romana pública.
c. Emitir decretos nos assuntos relevantes à Religião Romana e seus próprios procedimentos internos (tais decretos não podem ser sobrexcedidos por leis aprovadas em Comícios ou por senadoconsulto)

2. Colégio Augural será o segundo mais elevado colégio sacerdotal. Consistirá em nove áugures, cinco da ordem plebéia e quatro da ordem patrícia. Serão apontados pelo colégio pontifical e manterão suas funções por toda a vida sem exceções.

a. O colégio Augural terá as seguintes honras, poderes, e responsabilidades:

1. Pesquisar, praticar, e manter a arte augural (a arte de interpretar sinais e presságios divinos, solicitados ou de outra maneira).
2. Emitir decretos em matérias dos augúrios e seus próprios procedimentos internos (tais decretos não podem ser sobrexcedidos por leis aprovadas em Comícios ou por senadoconsulto).

b. Os áugures individualmente terão as seguintes honras, poderes, e responsabilidades:

1. Definir templum (espaço sagrado) e para tirar os auspícios (os ritos dos augúrios).
2. Para declarar o nuntiatio (uma declaração que os auspícios são desfavoráveis e espontâneos, o que justifica atrasos de uma reunião de um do Comício ou do Senado).

3. Outras instituições e sacerdócios podem ser instituídos, e as regras para tais serão dadas pelo Colégio Pontifical de acordo com os modelos antigos da Religião Romana como praticados por nossos antepassados espirituais.

Vale,

L. Arminius Faustus

Scriba propraetoris Brasiliae

Member of Decuriae Interpretes - (portuguese chair)

Visit my office at http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/lafaustus/index.html

Se de ócio estou, divirto-me escrevendo,

Entre os defeitos meus, este enumero...

Satira Quarta, Horácio

---------------------------------
Yahoo! Encontros - O lugar certo para encontrar a sua alma gêmea.

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Age Limitations
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:42:20 -0400 (EDT)
Vale, to those who are of a more tender age;

My friends there is much in Nova Roma that you can do if you wish to:

--Take an office in a Sodalitas (Egressus and Militarium are open to
such);

--Take an office in your Provincia--I don't know of any Province not
needing such assistance--Certainly Nova Britannia welcomes all such
would-be active appointed officers.

--Create your own Sodalitas around your particular interests;

--Research varying aspects of the Roman Republic (and Empire) and share
your findings with the Main List or with selected Sodalitas;

Since I do not know any of you well enough to make any specific
recommendations (interests, abilities, time to spend, education,
background, etc.), For those who are interested in actually doing
something for the Republic and not just talking about it, then I invite
you to contact me with the above information, and I will promise to
provide you with a significant set of possibilities for your review, and
at least one offer of a position in which you can contribute
significantly to Nova Roma.

I have made this offer many times previously, and have gained some very
valuable assistance in the most excellent Dominus Praefectus Serapio,
and others whose excellent and voluminous research and reports I am
still working to get onto the Main List. There are also those who
dropped out almost immediately because of my assignments being too
difficult to carry out. If you are sincere in your requests, there is
certainly a place for you in Nova Roma. Further, I make the same offer
that I have made in the past to others who have sought to involve
themselves, after one year in an acepted position, producing a
significant amont of work and effort for NR, shall be pleased to
recommend you highly for whatever beginning office that you may desire
to run for.

If you have doubts about this offer, I recommend you to Dominus
Praefectus Serapio, Senators Quintilianus, Strabo, Julianus, or to any
of the Praefectii / Senior Staff in the Militarium or Egressus. I look
forward to your correspondence on this matter.

Note: I am ofen away on reenactment, and on presentation tours related
to reenactment, so you can plan to have assignments that you can carry
out without my being on your case every day.

Respectfully;

Marcus Minucius Audens

Fair Winds and Following Seas!!!

http://community.webtv.net/jmath669642reng/NovaRomaMilitary

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] Re: Resignation as Tribunus
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:03:02 -0500
Saluete cives,

I will thanks to:
- L. Ambrosia Valeria
- L. Arminius Faustus
- M. Arminius Maior
- Q. Cassius Calvus
- M. Cassius Iulisanus
- P. Cornelia
- L. Cornelius Sulla
- G. Galerius Viator
- A. Gryllus Graecus
- A. Hirtius Helveticus

their messages. I appreciate really their words. In addition I want to clarify some points:

(1) My resignation is not a political tactics because I didn't pursue any political objective with it. Only was an attempt to express my responsability because the scaring I was producing to some eminent citizens.
(2) My error was double: I incorrectly believe the Pontifex Maximus was another person other than honourable Cassius Iulianus [a childish error by my part] in addition I was not aware of the condition of the 6 months. I would have investigated correctly the complaints of another citizen I haven't acted mistakenly. I seems to me that two mistakes were sufficiently serious mistakes in order to resign.
(3) Possibly I have been excessively strict with my poor performance, but I considered that there were a great number of scared senators that would breathed alleviated with my resignation. Only this was my principal intention to alleviate the righteous scare of honourable persons.

I admit I am now in a more complicate situation than before my resignation. I wish to remain as a Tribune, by this reason I compared before Comitia Plebis! ;-) But if it is a risk that someone consider that my resignation has been a political strategy it is better for all that I don't reconsider my resignation.
On the other hand, I and many others citizens of Hispania were absent for a three days because we all have decided to assist together to the "Roman Festival" of Emerita Augusta in Western Spain for three days.

Valetote omnes
[Farewell all of you.]

Cl. Salix Davianus

Subject: [Nova-Roma] ATTN [Religio Romana]: ante diem XI Kalendas Sextilias (July 22nd)
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 19:26:20 +0100
PONTIFEX ANTONIVS GRYLLVS GRAECVS OMNIBVS CIVIBVS SALVTEM

This is one of the dies comitiales (C), when committees of citizens can vote
on political or criminal matters.

Today is the birthday of the temple of Concordia which stayed in the Forum
at the foot of the Capitol. The surviving remains belong mainly to a
restoration performed by Tiberius in 7 BC, but the early history is
uncertain. Dictator Marcus Furius Camillus is said in 367 BC to have vowed a
temple to Concordia to celebrate the ending of the struggle between
patricians and plebeians, a 'concordia ordinum', and Ovid [Ovidius, Fasti,
1.641] and Plutarch [Plutarch, Camillus, 42] imply that it was the temple
restored by Tiberius and thus the one below the Capitol. However, in 121
after the death of Gaius Gracchus, L. Opimius was ordered by the Senate to
build a temple to Concordia; he also built a Basilica nearby. But did he
merely restore Camillus' temple - assuming that Camillus had in fact built
the temple he had vowed. Concordia was known as a goddess in Rome as early
as 304 BC when Cn. Flavius dedicated a bronze shrine ('aedicula') to her;
thus, although appearing rather early for the adoption of a deified
abstraction, the year 367 BC is by no means impossible. Whatever the truth,
it was almost certainly this temple that had its birthday on July 22
(another temple of Concordia stood on the Capitol). From the late 2nd
century BCE the temple was used by the Senate for meetings, specially for
discussion of civil disorder. Later, it was used for occasional meetings of
the Fratres Arvales. Tiberius started its restoration in 7 AD and the new
dedication was made in 10 or 12 AD. Under Tiberius, the temple was used as
an Art Museum. The temple was still standing in the 4th century AD, having
collapsed probably under Pope Hadrian I (722-795 AD).

Pax deorum vobiscum

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Declaration of Tribunus Davianus
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:43:06 -0500
Claudius Salix Davianus, Salutem Plurimam Dicit Populo Novae Romae,

As I explained the provincial staff of Hispania my resignation was sincere an tried to calm the persons that fairly claimed against some of my misinterpretations.

Given the amount of support and the petitions of persons that have demanded to consider the resignation, I have no problem in turn to my obligations if the Collegium Tribunicium don't accept my resignation. It was completely unexpected for me the support of plebeians and some patricians concerning my resignation. I didn't expected that my resignation make arise such support to my gestion as Tribunus, and only intended to assume my resposabilities by some mistakes, I committed.
If people desire I continue as Tribunus I have no problem, my resignation was firm but also firm is my intention to serve the people of Rome that elected me as Tribunus. My only intention as Tribunus has been always to serve the expectatives and complaints of the Plebeian Order.

Valetote opitme, only.
Cl. Salix Davianus

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] Declaration of Tribunus Davianus
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 12:32:53 -0700 (PDT)

Honored Tribune...
I for one am quite happy that you have reconsidered your resignation and will continue to support the people of Rome as a Tribune. I watched and pondered both sides of the situation, and believe in my heart that your continued service outweighs any benefit of your resignation, if there are any at all. Welcome back.
Vale,

Claudius Salix Davianus <salixdavianus@terra.es> wrote: Claudius Salix Davianus, Salutem Plurimam Dicit Populo Novae Romae,

As I explained the provincial staff of Hispania my resignation was sincere an tried to calm the persons that fairly claimed against some of my misinterpretations.

Given the amount of support and the petitions of persons that have demanded to consider the resignation, I have no problem in turn to my obligations if the Collegium Tribunicium don't accept my resignation. It was completely unexpected for me the support of plebeians and some patricians concerning my resignation. I didn't expected that my resignation make arise such support to my gestion as Tribunus, and only intended to assume my resposabilities by some mistakes, I committed.
If people desire I continue as Tribunus I have no problem, my resignation was firm but also firm is my intention to serve the people of Rome that elected me as Tribunus. My only intention as Tribunus has been always to serve the expectatives and complaints of the Plebeian Order.

Valetote opitme, only.
Cl. Salix Davianus

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Translation of the Constitution into German
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 21:45:24 +0200
The translators have started their work. The first document translated is
the Constitution, which you can find in the attachment.

----------

Verfassung von Nova Roma

(Originaltext zu finden unter: http://www.novaroma.org/tabularium/constitution.html )

Präambel

Wir, der Senat und das Volk von Nova Roma, als unabhängige und selbständige Nation, setzen hiermit
diese Verfassung auf, als Fundament und Struktur unserer regierenden Institutionen und der normalen
Gemeinschaft. Wir erklären hiermit, dass unsere Nation als Zeichen für alle gelten soll, welche das
Beste des antiken Rom wiederherstellen möchten. Als Nation wird Nova Roma das zeitweilige Heimat-
land und der weltliche Brennpunkt der Religio Romana sein. Die primäre Funktion von Nova Roma soll
sein, das Studium und die Ausübung der paganen römischen Zivilisation zu fördern. Diese wird
definiert als die Zeit von der Gründung der Stadt Rom im Jahre 753 v. Chr. bis zur Entfernung des
Altars der Victoria aus dem Senat im Jahre 394 n. Chr. Sie beinhaltet Dinge wie Religion, Kultur,
Politik, Kunst, Literatur, Sprache und Philosophie.

Als geistiger Nachkomme der Republik des antiken Rom, soll sich Nova Roma darum bemühen auf jede
praktikable und akzeptable Art als die moderne Wiederherstellung der antiken römischen Republik zu
existieren. Die Kultur, Religion und die Gemeinschaft von Nova Roma sollen nach dem Muster des
antiken Rom gebaut werden.

I. Verfassungstechnische Basis

A. Diese Verfassung soll die Basis sein für jede Entscheidungsfindung in Nova Roma und
soll die Autorität aller Magistraten, Versammlungen, Leges (Gesetze), welche von
den Comitiae erlassen werden, Dekreta (Dekrete) von priesterlichen Kollegien,
Edicta (Edikte) von Magistraten und Senatus Consulta limitieren. Alle diese sind an
sie gebunden, ausser in den beiden folgenden Fällen:

1. Die Edicta (Edikte) eines Diktators welcher gemäss dieser Verfassung
ernannt wurde, können diese Verfassung umgehen, wenn er durch das Senatus
Consultum, welches seine Ernennung ermöglichte, dazu ermächtigt wurde.

2. Diese Verfassung kann durch ein Gesetz, welches von der Comitia Centuriata
erlassen wurde und durch eine 2/3 Mehrheit des Senates gutgeheissen wurde,
abgeändert werden.

B. Gesetzlicher Vorrang. Diese Verfassung soll die höchste legale Autorität in Nova
Roma sein, ausser den Edikten, welche durch einen legal ernannten Diktator erlassen
werden. Es folgen ihr an legaler Autorität die Edikte welche von Konsuln, die nach
einem Senatus Consultum Ultimum handeln, erlassen werden, Gesetze, welche richtig
von einer der Comitiae angenommen wurden, Dekrete, welche vom Collegium Pontificum
erlassen wurden, Dekrete, welche vom Collegium Augurium erlassen wurden, Senatus
Consulta und Edikte von Magistraten (in abnehmender Reihenfolge der Autorität, wie
in Sektion IV dieser Verfassung beschrieben), in dieser Reihenfolge. Sollte eine
niedrigere Autorität mit einer höheren einen Konflikt ergeben, dann wird die höhere
Autorität den Vorrang erhalten. Sollte ein Gesetz, welches in einer Comitia
erlassen wurde, mit einem anderen Gesetz, welches in einer anderen oder derselben
Comitia erlassen wurde, einen Konflikt ergeben ohne explizit das andere Gesetz zu
ersetzen, dann wird das neueste Gesetz den Vorrang erhalten.

C. Diese Verfassung soll als Nebengesetz für Nova Roma dienen, eine legal im Staat
New Hampshire, USA angemeldete Vereinigung (ab jetzt mit 'die Gesellschaft'
bezeichnet). Das Benehmen und die Vorgänge der Direktoren und Offiziere der
Gesellschaft, soll gemäss den Richtlinien und Strukturen, welche in dieser
Verfassung angelegt sind, erfolgen. Die Direktoren der Gesellschaft sollen durch
den Senat von Nova Roma (wie in Sektion V der Verfassung dargelegt) gestellt werden
und die Offiziere der Gesellschaft sollen von den Magistraten von Nova Roma (wie in
Sektion IV dieser Verfassung dargelegt) gestellt werden, und zwar wie folgt:

1. Die Co-Präsidenten der Gesellschaft sollen die Consuln von Nova Roma sein.

2. Die Co-Vize-Präsidenten der Gesellschaft sollen die Prätoren von Nova Roma
sein.

3. Die Co-Kassierer der Gesellschaft sollen die Quästoren von Nova Roma sein.

4. Die Co-Sekretäre der Gesellschaft sollen die Censoren von Nova Roma sein.

D. Diese Verfassung kann durch Gesetze, welche von der Comitia Centuriata erlassen
werden, geändert werden. Solche Änderungen dieser Verfassung müssen durch eine 2/3
Mehrheit des ganzen Senats ratifiziert werden, bevor sie in Kraft treten. Die
Edicta eines ernannten Diktators können diese Verfassung ebenfalls ändern und
müssen ebenfalls vom Senat ratifiziert werden.

E. Der Gebrauch von männlichen Pronomen und Fachbegriffen in dieser Verfassung dient
nur der Klarheit und soll keine unterschiedliche Behandlung der Geschlechter vor
dem Gesetz ausdrücken.

II. Bürger und Gentes

A. Bürgerschaft

1. Jede Person welche sui juris ist, gemäss dem Gesetz ihres Wohnortes, kann
sich um die Bürgerschaft bewerben.

2. Eine Person welche nicht sui juris ist, gemäss dem Gesetz ihres Wohnortes,
kann, mit der schriftlichen Bestätigung ihrer Eltern oder des Erziehungs-
berechtigten gemäss geltendem Gesetz, den Pater- oder die Materfamilias
einer Nova Roma Gens um Aufnahme bitten. Sollte der Paterfamilias
zustimmen, dann wird diese Person als Mitglied der Gens angesehen und kann
am religiösen und sozialen Leben von Nova Roma teilnehmen. Solche Gens-
mitglieder, welche nicht vollständige Bürger sind unterliegen ganz alleine
der Verantwortung des Paterfamilias, und müssen nicht bei den Censoren
registriert werden.

3. Die Bürgerschaft ist für alle offen, egal von welcher ethnischen Herkunft,
welchen Geschlechts, religiöser Zugehörigkeit oder sexueller Vorliebe.

4. Die Bürgerschaft kann unfreiwillig auf eine der von diesem Gesetz
erlassenen Arten entzogen werden, oder kann freiwillig zurückgegeben werden
durch Benachrichtigung eines Censors oder durch eine öffentliche Aussage
vor 3 oder mehr Zeugen.

B. Die folgenden Rechte von Bürgern sollen garantiert werden, jedoch soll diese
Aufzählung nicht so verstanden werden, dass sie andere vorhandene Rechte, welche
ein Bürger besitzen könnte, ausschliessen soll:

1. Komplette Authorität über seine persönlichen und seine häuslichen Riten,
Rituale und seinen Glauben, pagan oder sonst wie; ausser dort wo diese
Verfassung die Teilnahme an Riten der Religio Romana bedingt, wie das bei
Magistraten und Senatoren der Fall ist.

2. Das Recht und die Verpflichtung weiterhin den zivilen Rechten und Gesetzen
desjenigen Landes in dem sie wohnen und/oder von dem sie Bürger sind,
unterstellt zu sein, ungeachtet seines Status als Doppelbürger von Nova
Roma.

3. Das Recht in Wahlen abzustimmen, als Mitglied der verschiedenen
Versammlungen, und zwar auf die Art wie in dieser Verfassung dargelegt.

4. Das Recht in allen öffentlichen Foren und Diskussionen teilzunehmen, und
das Recht diese Foren in einem vertretbaren Mass vom Staat unterstützt zu
sehen. Solche Kommunikationen, ungeachtet ihres Inhalts, dürfen vom Staat
nicht eingeengt werden, ausser dort, wo diese eine direkte und klare Gefahr
für die Republik darstellen. Solche offiziell unterstützten Foren können
erwartet werden, eine vertretbare Moderation, im Interesse der Ordnung und
Höflichkeit, zu erhalten.

5. Das Recht auf Provocatio. Das Recht eine Entscheidung eines Magistraten,
welche einen direkten negativen Einfluss auf jenen Bürger hat vor der
Comitia Populi Tributa anzuzweifeln.

6. Das Recht eigenständig und sicher zu bleiben, innerhalb seines eigenen
Heimes, seiner Person und seines Eigentums.

7. Das Recht vom Staat Hilfe zu suchen und zu erhalten, in religiösen und
sozialen Fällen von Uneinigkeit, sowohl innerhalb als auch ausserhalb der
Jurisdiktion von Nova Roma.

8. Das Recht innerhalb von Nova Roma Geschäfte zu führen durch die Institution
des Ordo Equester, und das Recht angemessene Unterstützung für den Aufbau
einer starken Wirtschaft durch römisch-orientierte Geschäfte zu erhalten.
Die einzige Ausnahme dazu sind diejenigen Informationsmaterialien oder
sonstige Dinge, welche vom Senat mit einem Copyright belegt wurden, welche
Eigentum des Staates bleiben sollen.

C. Die Klassen. Obwohl die Mitglieder aller 3 Klassen vor dem Gesetz genau gleich
behandelt werden, ist die Institution der Klassen dennoch wichtig genug, um in
Nova Roma verewigt zu werden. Es gibt 3 Klassen, in welche jeder Bürger eingeteilt
wird:

1. Ordo Patricius (Patrizier). Die Patrizier sollen aus den Bürgern der ersten
30 Gentes bestehen, welche zu Nova Roma gestossen waren. Sollte einer
dieser Plätze frei werden, sollen die Censoren die Macht haben, eine
plebejische Gens an ihrer Stelle in die Patrizierklasse zu erheben.

2. Ordo Equester (Ritterstand). Der Ritterstand soll aus den Bürgern bestehen,
welche ein Geschäft führen (mit Vorliebe eines mit römischem Thema), welche
den Eintritt in den Ritterstand verlangen und ihn auch von den Censoren
erhalten. Von solchen Personen wird erwartet, dass sie einen Teil des
Gewinnes welchen sie durch Nova Roma erwirtschaften, an den Staat zurück-
zahlen und dafür eine angemessene Unterstützung erhalten. Für Wahlen und
Abstimmungen in den Comitiae werden die Ritter dem patrizischen oder
plebejischen Stand zugeordnet, je nachdem in welchem Stand sie vor dem
Eintritt in den Ritterstand waren.

3. Ordo Plebeius (Plebejer). Die Plebejer sollen aus denjenigen Bürgern
bestehen, welche nicht Patrizier und nicht Ritter sind.

D. Gentes. Familien und Clans waren das Rückgrat der römischen Gesellschaft. Deshalb
sind die Vorteile und Verantwortungen der Familie besonders wichtig für Nova Roma.
Ausser dort, wo speziell darauf eingegangen wird in dieser Verfassung und in den
Gesetzen, soll jede Gens das Recht haben, ihren eigenen Weg zu wählen und die
Eltern sollen das unangefochtene Recht und die alleinige Verantwortung für die
Erziehung ihrer Kinder haben.

1. Jede Gens soll bei den Censoren registriert sein, welche die Listen mit
den Gensmitgliedschaften und anderen relevanten Informationen führen.

2. Keine 2 Gentes dürfen dasselbe Nomen (Familienname) haben, ausser sie
werden durch ein Agnomen unterschieden. Die Censoren sollen dafür
verantwortlich sein, dass diese Regel eingehalten wird.

3. Jede Gens soll, durch welche Mittel sie auch immer für richtig hält, einen
Paterfamilias (fem. Materfamilias) ermitteln, welcher als Anführer der Gens
gilt und falls nötig für sie spricht. Der Inhaber dieser Position muss als
solcher bei den Censoren registriert sein. Der Paterfamilias kann nach
eigenem Gutdünken Mitglieder aus der Gens ausschliessen, oder neue
Mitglieder aufnehmen.

E. Tribus und Zenturien

1. Es soll 35 Tribus geben, in welche die Censoren alle Bürger einteilen
sollen. 31 dieser Tribus sollen als rurale Tribus bezeichnet werden und
sollen von den Censoren gemäss den Gesetzen, welche von der Comitia Populi
Tributa erlassen werden, eingeteilt werden. 4 dieser Tribus sollen als
urbane Tribus bezeichnet werden und sollen aus denjenigen Bürgern bestehen,
welche in den alljährlichen Wahlen der Magistraten nicht abgestimmt haben.
Sollte ein Mitglied einer urbanen Tribus in einem folgenden Jahr an den
Wahlen teilnehmen, wird er/sie in eine rurale Tribus umgeteilt.

2. Es soll 193 Zenturien geben, in welche die Censoren alle Bürger einteilen
sollen. Die genaue Einteilung dieser Zenturien soll durch Gesetze geregelt
werden, welche durch die Comitia Centuriata erlassen werden. Sie sollen
jedoch stets zum Vorteil derjenigen Bürger gestaltet werden, welche das
Grösste Engagement für Nova Roma gezeigt haben.

III. Comitiae

A. Die Comitia Curiata (Versammlung der Curia) soll aus 30 Lictores curiatae (Liktoren
der Curia) bestehen, welche vom Collegium Pontificum in ihre Position ernannt
werden. Sie wird vom Pontifex Maximus einberufen und das Collegium Pontifcum soll
die Regeln erlassen, nach welchen die Comitia Curiata intern funktionieren soll.
Sie soll die folgenden Verpflichtungen haben:

1. Gewählte und ernannte Magistraten mit 'Imperium' auszustatten (was nötig
ist um Coercitio (die Macht Edikte erlassen zu können) auszuüben, um das
Gesetz zu interpretieren und anzuwenden und um die Ehre zu erhalten, von
Liktoren begleitet zu werden, als Zeichen ihres Amtes). Dies ohne das Recht
alleine oder als Gruppe, dies zu verweigern.

2. Die Ernennung von offiziellen Priestern und Priesterinnen der Religio
Romana, Adoptionen und das Erstellen von Testamenten zu überwachen.

B. Die Comitia Centuriata (Versammlung der Zenturien) soll aus allen Bürgern bestehen,
gruppiert in ihre jeweiligen Zenturien. Obwohl sie von entweder einem Consul oder
einem Prätor einberufen wird, kann nur die Comitia Centuriata die Gesetze erlassen,
welche festlegen, wie sie funktionieren soll. Sie soll die folgenden Kompetenzen
haben:

1. Gesetze zu erlassen, welche für alle Bürger verbindlich sind.

2. Consuln, Prätoren und Censoren zu wählen.

3. Gerichtsverhandlungen zu führen, bei denen der Angeklagte bei einem Schuld-
spruch sein Bürgerrecht auf ewig verliert.

C. Die Comitia Plebis Tributa (Versammlung der Plebejer) soll aus allen nicht patrizi-
schen Bürgern bestehen, gruppiert in ihre jeweiligen Tribus. Obwohl sie von einem
Volkstribunen einberufen wird, kann nur die Comitia Plebis Tributa die Gesetze
erlassen, welche festlegen, wie sie funktionieren soll. Sie soll die folgenden
Kompetenzen haben:

1. Plebiszite mit der Kraft von Gesetzen zu versehen, welche dann für alle
Bürger verbindlich sind.

2. Plebejische Aedile und Volkstribunen zu wählen.

3. Gerichtsverhandlungen zu führen, in welche einzig plebejische Bürger
verwickelt sind und bei denen niemand sein Bürgerrecht auf ewig verlieren
kann.

D. Die Comitia Populi Tributa (Volksversammlung) soll aus allen Bürgern bestehen,
gruppiert in ihre jeweiligen Tribus. Obwohl sie von entweder einem Consul oder
Prätor einberufen wird, kann nur die Comitia Populi Tributa die Gesetze erlassen,
welche festlegen, wie sie funktionieren soll. Sie soll die folgenden Kompetenzen
haben:

1. Gesetze zu erlassen, welche für alle Bürger verbindlich sind.

2. Quästoren und Aediles curules zu wählen.

3. Gerichtsverhandlungen zu führen, bei denen nieman sein Bürgerrecht auf
ewig verlieren kann.

IV. Magistraten. Magistraten sind die gewählten und ernannten Offiziellen, welche für die
Unterhaltung und die Führung der Staatsangelegenheiten zuständig sind. Es gibt 2 Sorten von
Magistraten: Ordinarii (diejenigen welche normal gewählt werden) und Extraordinarii (die,
welche nur manchmal ernannt oder gewählt werden). Qualifikationen, welche nötig sind, um
diese Positionen zu erhalten, werden durch richtig erlassene Gesetze von einer der Comitiae
festgelegt.

A. Die Ordinarii, in abnehmender Reihenfolge ihrere Autorität, sind die folgenden.
Sollte ein Amt mitten in der Amtsperiode vakant werden und es gibt mögliche Ersatz-
kandidaten, so soll in der zuständigen Comitia eine Wahl abgehalten werden um einen
Nachfolger zu wählen, der den Rest der Amtsperiode dienen wird. Dies alles soll
innerhalb von 30 Tagen nach Entstehung der Vakanz geschehen. Sollte man bemerken,
dass einer der Ordinarii seine Pflichten nichtmehr wahrnimmt, kann dieser Magistrat
gemäss den Gesetzen welche aus der ihn wählenden Comitia stammen, entlassen werden.
Die Wahlen der Ordinarii sollen nicht später als am 15. Dezember stattfinden und
neugewählte Offizielle sollen ihr Amt am 1. Januar antreten. Ausnahmen zu diesen,
die Wahlen betreffenden, Regeln, können in Abschnitt V der Verfassung gefunden
werden.

1. Censoren. 2 Censoren sollen durch die Comitia Centuriata gewählt werden, um
eine Amtsperiode von 2 Jahren zu dienen. Es soll jedes Jahr ein Censor
gewählt werden, damit sich die Amtsperioden jeweils um 1 Jahr über-
schneiden. Sie sollen die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und Pflichten haben:

a. Sie können Edicta (Edikte) erlassen, welche nötig sind um die
ihnen von dieser Verfassung und den Gesetzen übertragenen Pflichten
auszuüben. (Diese Edikte sollen sowohl für Andere, als auch für sie
selbst bindend sein.)

b. Das Album Civium (Liste der Bürger) zu führen, inklusive der Tribus
und der Zenturie, welcher sie zugeordnet wurden, wie vom Gesetz
vorgesehen. Ausserdem alle anderen, damit zusammenhängenden
Informationen.

c. Das Album Gentium (Liste der Gentes) zu führen und alle damit
zusammenhängenden Informationen.

d. Das Album Senatorium (Liste der Senatoren) zu führen, inklusive der
Kompetenz Namen hinzuzufügen oder zu streichen, gemäss den Regeln
welche vom Gesetz erlassen werden.

e. Das Album Equestris (Liste der Ritter) zu führen, inklusive der
Kompetenz Namen hinzuzufügen oder zu streichen.

f. Die öffentliche Moral und Ehre zu schützen, durch das Erlassen von
Notae.

1. Eine Nota gegen eine normale Person genügt, um dieser das
Recht zu wählen abzuerkennen, bis die Nota zurückgezogen
wird.

2. Eine Nota gegen einen Senator genügt, um diesen aus dem
Senat zu entlassen, bis die Nota zurückgezogen wird.

g. Sie können Scribae (Schreiber) ernennen, um ihnen mit administra-
tiven oder anderen Dingen zu helfen.

2. Konsul. 2 Konsuln sollen jedes Jahr von der Comitia Centuriata für 1 Jahr
gewählt werden. Sie sollen die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und Pflichten
haben:

a. Sie erhalten Imperium und haben die Ehre von 12 Liktoren begleitet
zu werden.

b. Sie erlassen die Edicta (Edikte), welche notwendig sind, um die
Dinge zu erledigen, welche die Mission und die Funktion von Nova
Roma fördern. (Diese Edikte sollen sowohl für Andere, als auch für
sie selbst bindend sein.)

c. Sie rufen den Senat, die Comitia Centuriata und die Comitia Populi
Tributa zusammen.

d. Sie erheben Intercessio (Veto) gegen den anderen Konsul, oder gegen
einen niedrigeren Magistraten.

e. Sie ernennen Accensi (persönliche Assistenten) welche ihnen mit den
administrativen oder anderen Dingen helfen.

3. Prätor. 2 Prätoren sollen durch die Comitia Centuriata gewählt werden, um
1 Jahr lang zu dienen. Sie sollen die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und
Pflichten haben:

a. Sie erhalten Imperium und die Ehre von 6 Liktoren begleitet zu
werden.

Roma fördern und um die Gesetze einzuhalten. (Diese Edikte sollen
sowohl für Andere, als auch für sie selbst bindend sein.)

c. Sie rufen den Senat, die Comitia Centuriata und die Comitia Populi
Tributa zusammen, wenn die Konsuln nicht erreichbar sind.

d. Sie erheben Intercessio gegen den anderen Prätor, oder gegen einen
niedrigeren Magistraten.

e. Sie können Scribae (Schreiber) ernennen, um ihnen mit administra-

4. Aediles curules (kurulische Aedile). 2 Aediles curules sollen durch die
Comitia Populi Tributa gewählt werden um 1 Jahr zu dienen. Sie sollen die
folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und Pflichten haben:

a. Sie erhalten Imperium.

b. Sie erlassen die Edikte, welche zum Abhalten von öffentlichen
Spielen und anderen Festen und Versammlungen nötig sind. Ebenfalls
um die Ordnung an öffentlichen religiösen Handlungen zu sichern
und den Unterhalt der öffentlichen Gebäude welche der Staat sich
aneignen sollte. Ausserdem um die Gesetze anzuwenden. (Diese Edikte
sollen sowohl für Andere, als auch für sie selbst bindend sein.)

c. Sie erheben Intercessio gegen andere Aedile (kurulisch oder
plebejisch), oder gegen einen niedrigeren Magistraten.

d. Sie können Scribae (Schreiber) ernennen, um ihnen mit administra-

5. Aediles plebis (plebejische Aedile). 2 plebejische Aedile sollen durch die
Comitia Plebis Tributa für 1 Jahr gewählt werden. Beide müssen aus der
Klasse der Plebejer kommen und sollen die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und
Pflichten haben:

a. Sie erlassen die Edikte, welche zum Abhalten von öffentlichen
Spielen und anderen Festen und Versammlungen nötig sind. Ebenfalls
um die Ordnung an öffentlichen religiösen Handlungen zu sichern
und den Unterhalt der öffentlichen Gebäude welche der Staat sich
aneignen sollte. Ausserdem um die Gesetze anzuwenden. (Diese Edikte
sollen sowohl für Andere, als auch für sie selbst bindend sein.)

b. Sie erheben Intercessio gegen den anderen plebejischen Aedil, oder
gegen einen niedrigeren Magistraten.

c. Sie können Scribae (Schreiber) ernennen, um ihnen mit administra-

6. Quästor. Die gleiche Anzahl von Quästoren soll von der Comitia Populi
Tributa gewählt werden, wie Konsuln, Prätoren und Aedile, um für 1 Jahr zu
dienen. Jeder Quästor soll einem dieser Magistraten durch Absprachen zuge-
teilt werden. Wenn keine Absprachen getroffen werden können, sollen die
neugewählten Konsuln entscheiden. Die Quästoren sollen die Kompetenz und
die Pflicht haben, die Geldsummen, welche ihnen vom Senat im jährlichen
Budget zugesprochen werden, zu verwalten. Dies unter der Aufsicht des
Magistraten, dem sie zugeordnet sind. Die den Konsuln direkt zugeordneten
Quästoren sollen das ganze Aerarium (Kasse) beaufsichtigen. Es dürfen
jedoch keine Summen ohne Zustimmung des Senates ausgegeben werden.

7. Zwei Volkstribunen sollen durch die Comitia Plebis Tributa für 1 Jahr
gewählt werden. Sie müssen beide Plebejer sein und sollen die folgenden
Ehren, Kompetenzen und Pflichten haben:

a. Sie können zusammen gegen jeden anderen Magistraten (ausser dem
Diktator und dem Interrex) eine Intercessio aussprechen. Ebenso
gegen Senatus Consulta und Gesetze, welche von der Comitia erlassen
werden, wenn sie das Gefühl haben, dass diese verfassungswidrig
sind.

b. Sie selbst sind immun gegen Intercessio jedes Magistraten.

c. Sie können den Diskussionen im Senat zuhören, um die Bürger über
den Inhalt und den Fortschritt derselben zu informieren.

d. Sie können den Senat und die Comitia Plebis Tributa einberufen.

8. Vigintisexviri. Die Vigintisexviri sind niedrige Magistraten welche gewäht
werden, um Funktionen, welche vom Gesetz, das von einer Comitia erlassen
wird, ihnen zugeordnet werden, auszuüben.

9. Apparitores (Helfer). Die Apparitores werden nicht als Magistraten
angesehen, sondern werden in verschiedene Decuriae (Gruppierungen) einge-
teilt um jene nötigen Funktionen zu erfüllen, welche ihnen durch die von
der Comitia erlassenen Gesetze zugeteilt werden. Zu ihnen sollen die
Liktoren, die Lictores curiati, die Schribae und die Accensi gehören.

B. Folgende Extraordinarii soll es geben:

1. Diktator. In Notfällen kann vom Senat ein Diktator eingesetzt werden, um
für maximal 6 Monate, dem Staat zu dienen. Zur Zeit der Ernennung kann der
Senat eine Aufgabe stellen oder Grenzen festlegen innerhalb welcher der
Diktator sich bewegen muss. Die Edikte des Diktator sind innerhalb seines
Kompetenzbereiches absolut und können weder mit Intercessio noch mit
Provocatio belegt werden. Der Diktator soll Imperium innehaben und soll die
Ehre erhalten, von 24 Liktoren begleitet zu werden. Am Ende seiner Amts-
periode werden die Taten des Diktator vom Senat endgültig bestätigt.

2. Interrex. Sollten beide Konsuln ihr Amt gleichzeitig verlassen, soll der
Senat einen Interrex ernennen, der nicht länger als 5 Tage lang dienen
darf. Der Interrex muss Patrizier sein und soll alle Macht und alle
Kompetenzen der normal gewählten Konsuln haben. Der Interrex soll eine Wahl
in der Comitia Centuriata organisieren, um die fehlenden Consuln zu
ersetzen.

V. Der Senat. Die höchste, politik-machende Macht, wird beim Senat liegen. Das Album
Senatorium (Liste der Senatoren) soll von den Censoren geführt werden, gemäss den vom
Gesetz erlassenen Qualifikationen. Der Senat soll die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und
Pflichten haben:

A. Als Kollegium mit der grössten Erfahrung und Weisheit in Staatsangelegenheiten,
soll der Senat die Autorität haben, Senatus Consulta (Ratschläge des Senat) zu
erlassen, und zwar zu jedem Thema welches der Senat für nötig hält.

B. Der Senat hat die Kontrolle über das Aerarium (Kasse) und soll die finanziellen
Unternehmungen, Gesundheit und Politik des Staates überblicken.

1. Nicht später als dem letzten Tag des November in jedem Jahr, soll der
Senat ein Budget für das folgende Jahr erlassen. Dieses Budget soll alle
Ausgaben, welche aus dem Aerarium an die Quästoren gemacht werden,
behandeln. Obwohl die direkt den Konsuln unterstellten Quästoren für die
ganze Kasse zuständig sind, können aus dieser keine Mittel ohne Einstimmung
des Senats ausgegeben werden. Der Senat kann, wie das durch wechselnde
Umstände nötig ist, zusätzliche Senatus Consulta erlassen, welche das
jährliche Budget abändern.

2. Der Senat kann, durch Senatus Consulta, Steuern erheben und Geldsummen
oder andere finanzielle Forderungen an die Bürger festlegen, um die
finanzielle Gesundheit des Staates zu erhalten.

C. Der Senat kann, durch Senatus Consultum, Provinzen für administrative Zwecke
kreieren und dazu Provinzialgouverneure ernennen. Solche Gouverneure können einen
Quästor zugeteilt erhalten, um die von der Zentralregierung zugeteilten Mittel zu
verwalten. Ausserdem um lokale Geldsummen zu verwalten.

1. Gouverneure sollen die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und Pflichten haben:

a. Er soll Imperium erhalten und die Ehre von 6 Liktoren begleitet zu
werden. Dies jedoch nur in der eigenen Provinz.

Roma fördern. Diese gelten jedoch nur innerhalb der eigenen Provinz
(Diese Edikte sollen sowohl für Andere, als auch für sie selbst
bindend sein.)

c. Sie erledigen die täglichen Arbeiten in der Organisation und der
Administration der Provinz.

d. Sie ernennen Legaten um Regionen ihrer Provinzen zu verwalten.
Diese haben dieselben Kompetenzen wie der Gouverneur und können
jederzeit von demselben wieder abberufen werden.

e. Er kann Scribae ernennen um bei administrativen oder anderen Dingen
zu helfen.

2. Die Titel für Provinzgouverneure sind die folgenden:

a. Wenn sie gleichzeitig Konsul oder Prätor sind, behalten sie den
normalen Titel.

b. Wenn Konsuln gleichzeitig Gouverneure sind und ihre Amtsperiode als
Konsul abläuft, sie jedoch weiterhin Gouverneur bleiben, werden sie
als Prokonsul bezeichnet.

c. Wenn Prätoren gleichzeitig Gouverneure sind und ihre Amtsperiode
als Prätor abläuft, sie jedoch weiterhin Gouverneur bleibe, werden
sie genau gleich wie normale Bürger, welche nicht Konsul oder
Prätor sind aber vom Senat zu Gouverneuren ernannt werden, als
Proprätoren bezeichnet.

D. Sollte das Amt eines Magistraten während der Amtsperiode frei werden, soll der
Senat einen Stellvertreter ernennen, der den Rest der Amtsperiode, falls es weniger
als 3 Monate sind, dienen soll.

E. Der Senat soll die Macht haben, ein Senatus Consultum Ultimum zu erlassen. Wenn
dieses in Kraft tritt, wird es alle Regierungsinstanzen und Autoritäten (ausser dem
Diktator) übertreffen und dem Senat erlauben, die Konsuln mit der absoluten Macht
auszustatten, um mit einer bestimmten Situation fertig zu werden. Diese können dann
nur vom Veto des Kollegen oder dem Senat kontrolliert werden. Selbst unter dem
Senatus Consultum Ultimum können die Konsuln diese Verfassung nur über eine kurze
Zeit ausser Kraft setzen. Sie können keinerlei dauernde Änderungen anbringen.

F. Der Senat kann, durch Senatus Consulta, Regeln erlassen, um seine eigene Arbeits-
weise zu regeln. (Solche Senatus Consulta können von keinem Gesetz, welches in
einer Comitia erlassen wurde, überboten werden.)

VI. Öffentliche Religiöse Institutionen

A. Die Religio Romana, die Verehrung der Götter und Göttinnen von Rom, soll die
offizielle Religion von Nova Roma sein. Alle Magistraten und Senatoren, als
Offiziere des Staates, müssen öffentlich ihren Respekt für die Religio Romana
zeigen und für die Götter und Göttinnen, welche Rom gross machten. Magistraten,
Senatoren und Bürger müssen die Religio Romana nicht praktizieren, dürfen jedoch
nichts tun, was die Götter, die Religio Romana, oder die Leute, welche sie
praktizieren, bewusst diffamiert oder negiert.

B. Die Priesterschaften der Götter Roms, sollen so nahe als möglich nach dem antiken
römischen Vorbild organisiert werden. Die Institutionen der Religio Romana sollen
nur Autorität über religiöse Dinge auf der Ebene des Staates und der Nation haben,
indem sie die religiösen Riten des Staates erhalten und Ressourcen für die Religio
Romana bereit stellen, welche die Bürger benützen können, wenn sie wollen. Nova
Roma wird alle anderen Religionen mit einem synkretistischen Blick anschauen, indem
sie allen Wegen Freundschaft anbietet, welche das Recht derjenigen, welche die
Religio Romana praktizieren und ehren, anerkennen und deren Glauben respektieren.
Nur Bürger von Nova Roma dürfen Mitglieder der öffentlichen Institutionen der
Religio Romana sein, welche organisiert werden soll und folgende Verantwortungen
haben soll:

1. Das Collegium Pontificum soll das Höchste der priesterlichen Kollegien
sein. Es soll bestehen aus dem Pontifex Maximus, 14 Pontifices, 12
Flamines, 6 Sacerdotes Vestales und dem Rex und der Regina Sacrorum. Das
Collegium Pontificum soll seine eigenen Mitglieder ernennen. Es soll die
folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und Pflichten haben:

a. Es kontrolliert den Kalender und entscheiden, wann Feste, dies
fasti und dies nefasti gefeiert werden und was deren Auswirkungen
sein sollen. Dies innerhalb des Vorbildes des antiken Rom.

b. Es soll rituelle Verantwortungen in der Religio Romana haben und
generell die Autorität über die Institutionen, Riten, Rituale und
Priesterämter der öffentlichen Religio Romana.

c. Es kann Dekrete erlassen über Dinge, welche für die Religio Romana
wichtig sind und über seine eigenen Funktionen. (Solche Dekrete
können nicht durch Gesetze, welche von einer Comitia erlassen
werden, oder durch Senatus Consulta, überstimmt werden).

2. Das Collegium Augurum, soll das zweithöchste priesterliche Kollegium sein.
Es soll aus 9 Auguren bestehen. 5 aus der plebejischen Klasse und 4 aus der
patrizischen Klasse. Sie sollen durch das Collegium Pontificum ernannt
werden und sollen ihre Positionen auf Lebenszeit innehaben, ohne Ausnahmen.

a. Das Collegium Augurum soll die folgenden Ehren, Kompetenzen und
Pflichten haben:

1. Es soll die Ars Augurium (die Kunst göttliche Zeichen und
Omen, erbeten oder zufällig, zu deuten) erforschen,
praktizieren und aufrecht erhalten.

2. Es kann Dekrete erlassen über Dinge der Ars Augurium und
über seine eigenen Funktionen. (Solche Dekrete können nicht
durch Gesetze, welche von einer Comitia erlassen werden,
oder durch Senatus Consulta, überstimmt werden).

b. Einzelne Auguren sollen die folgenden Ehre, Kompetenzen und
Pflichten haben:

1. Sie definieren Templum (heilige Orte) und feiern die
Auguria (Riten des Augurs).

2. Sie erklären die Nuntiatio (Eine Erklärung, welche angiebt,
dass ungünstige und unerbetene Omen festgestellt wurden,
welche die Verschiebung eines Treffens einer Comitia oder
des Senats rechtfertigen).

3. Andere Institutionen und Priesterkollegien können eingesetzt werden, und
die Regeln dazu werden vom Collegium Pontificum eingesetzt, in Überein-
stimmung mit den antiken Modellen der Religio Romana, wie sie von unseren
geistigen Vorgängern praktiziert wurden.

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Translation of the Declaration of Nova Roma to German
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:08:20 +0200
The second translated document is the Declaration of Nova Roma, which you
can find in the attachment.

Valete, Tiberius Annaeus Otho

Lictor curiatus
Translator linguae Germanicae
paterfamilias gentis Annaearum
scriba legati Germaniae Superioris

----------

Erklärung von Nova Roma

(Originaltext zu finden unter: http://www.novaroma.org/tabularium/declaration_novaroma.html )

Wir, der Senat und das Volk von Neu Rom, um das Fundament der westlichen Zivilisation wieder
herzustellen, erklären die Gründung von Nova Roma als eigenständige Nation. Wir erklären Nova Roma
zu einer unabhängigen Nation der Welt und zur Republik, mit einer eigenen legalen Verfassung und
gesetzlicher Regierung, mit allen internationalen Rechten und Verantwortungen, welche dieser Status
mit sich bringt.

Als eigenständige Nation beansprucht Nova Roma die folgenden internationalen Gebiete und Rechte:

Wir anerkennen das alte römische Territorium als unser kulturelles und religiöses Heimatland, und
beanspruchen historische Rechte auf alle Gebiete, welche zwischen 753 v. Chr. und 395 n. Chr. unter
der direkten Kontrolle oder Administration der antiken römischen Republik und des Imperium standen.

Wir anerkennen die modernen politischen Realitäten, welche uns die Wiederherstellung dieser antiken
Länder verunmöglichen. Deshalb limitieren wir unseren aktiven Anspruch auf Land auf eine Menge,
welche mindestens derjenigen des eigenständigen Landes Vatikan Stadt entspricht: 108 zusammen-
hängende Aren. Auf diesem Land wird eine Welthauptstadt für die Administration unserer Kultur
gegründet, in der Form eines Forum Romanum. Der genaue Ort für diese neurömische Hauptstadt der
Regierung und Kultur wird noch ausgemacht.

Ausserdem, um unsere Präsenz in der Welt zu erreichen, fordert Nova Roma, dass unser Land als
existent und vorhanden gekennzeichnet wird durch diese Orte, welche unser Staat, die Bürger, und
religiöse Organisationen besitzen, belegen und in der ganzen Welt unterhalten. Diese Gebiete sollen
in einem Status der zweifachen Eigenständigkeit existieren, das heisst unter der kulturellen und
geistigen Administration von Nova Roma stehen, obwohl sie unter der zivilrechtlichen Kontrolle und
den Gesetzen von anderen Gastgeberländern stehen. Unser Ziel ist es, einen grosszügigen und
gutmütigen kulturellen und geistigen Einfluss in allen Gemeinschaften zu haben, während wir
politisch neutral und in unseren Taten gesetzestreu bleiben.

Nova Roma erhebt ausserdem zeitweiligen Anspruch auf zweifache Eigenständigkeit über alle Orte an
denen Götter und Göttinnen des antiken Rom von unseren Bürgern angebetet werden, um die kulturelle
und geistige Einheit zu erhalten. Diese zweifache Eigenständigkeit soll direkt vom Volk angewandt
werden und soll nur für die Dauer der religiösen Zeremonien und Riten gelten. Auf diese Art werden
wir eine Kultur und eine Nation bleiben, auch wenn wir überall auf der Welt leben.

Die Bürgerschaft in Nova Roma ist für Personen jeder Nationalität und jeder Rasse offen. Das
erklärte Ziel unserer Nation ist es, das internationale Verständnis und die Kooperation durch die
Erhaltung unseres gemeinsamen, klassischen Fundamentes zu stärken und neues Leben und Ehre in jede
westliche Zivilisation zu bringen, durch den Wiederaufbau von antiker Pietas, Virtus und Civilitas.

Wir, die Bürger und der Senat von Neurom schwören hiermit für ewig und ohne Ausnahmen, dem Gebrauch
von Gewalt, Rebellion, Zwang oder Einschüchterung zum Erreichen eines internationalen Status oder
Forderungen, ab. Wir streben danach, als gesetzestreue, friedfertige und gutmütige Nation, im
Gleichklang mit den von der Weltbevölkerung anerkannten und geteilten Prinzipien, zu leben.

An diesem Tag unterschrieben, im Namen des Senates und des Volkes von Neurom

II Kal. Mar., MMDCCLI ab urbe condita (28. Februar 1998)

Flavius Vedius Germanicus, Consul

Cassius Iulianus, Consul

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Third translation into German
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 22:17:44 +0200
Here come the Articles of the Declaration of a Non-Profit Organisation in
New Hampshire, translated into German.

Valete, TiAnO

----------

Artikel der Vereinbarung einer Non-Profit Organisation in New Hampshire

(Originaltext zu finden unter: http://www.novaroma.org/tabularium/articles.html )

Die unterschreibenden Personen, welche das gesetzliche Alter erreicht haben, vereinbaren die
folgenden Dinge:

Artikel 1. Der Name der Organisation soll sein: NOVA ROMA

Artikel 2. Das Ziel, für welches diese Organisation gegründet wird, ist folgendes:

Die moderne Wiederherstellung der antiken römischen Republik, wie sie in den den
kulturellen, religiösen und sozialen Aktivitäten der Organisation gespiegelt werden. Die
Förderung der Wahrnehmung des antiken Rom durch erzieherische, religiöse und gemeinnützige
Projekte.

Artikel 3. Die Bedingungen, um die Mitgliedschaft und die Teilnahme in der Organisation aufzubauen,
sind die folgenden:

Mitgliedschaft, ab sofort 'Bürgerschaft' genannt, kostet nichts, und ist für alle Personen
über 18 Jahren offen. Personen zwischen 15 und 18 Jahren dürfen mit der schriftlichen
Einwilligung der Eltern Bürger werden.

Antragsformulare für die Bürgerschaft sind erhältlich bei: P.O.Box 1897, Wells, ME 04090,
oder auf dem World Wide Web unter: http://www.novaroma.org/cursus_honorum/application.html

Bürgerschaft tritt ein, sobald der Antrag eingetroffen ist und von einem oder beiden
Censoren überprüft wurde. Dem neuen Bürger wird ebenfalls ein einmaliger Wählercode
abgegeben, wenn er an Wahlen in Nova Roma teilnimmt.

Die Nebengesetze dieser Organisation, ab sofort 'Verfassung' genannt, sind zu finden unter:
http://www.novaroma.org/cursus_honorum/constitution.html

Die Direktoren dieser Organisation sind diejenigen, welche innerhalb von Nova Roma als
'Senat' bezeichnet werden.

Artikel 4. Die Bedingungen für eine Veranlagung des Vermögens der Organisation, im Falle einer
Auflösung der Organisation, inklusive der Privatisation der Rechte von Teilhabern und Mitgliedern
an dem Vermögen, sind die folgenden:

Bürger haben kein Anrecht auf irgendeinen Teil des Vermögens der Organisation, sollte diese
aufgelöst werden. In diesem Fall sollen verbleibende Vermögenswerte durch eine Entscheidung
des Senates vergeben werden, oder, falls diese Instanz nicht erreichbar ist oder keine
Entscheidung treffen kann, durch eine Entscheidung des Collegium Pontificum, oder, falls
diese Instanz nicht erreichbar ist, wird die Entscheidung von den Gründern von Nova Roma,
Joseph Bloch und William K. Bradford, getroffen. Die Besagten Anlagen werden an gemein-
nützige Organisationen abgegeben, gemäss dem Geist von Nova Roma. Solche Organisationen
beinhalten, sind aber nicht limitiert auf, die Förderung der lateinischen Erziehung, den
Kauf von Geschichtsbüchern welche sich auf die römische Epoche beziehen für die Verteilung
in öffentlichen Bibliotheken, die Erhaltung von antiken römischen religiösen Orten und das
Sponsoring von Erziehungsaktivitäten, welche mit dem antiken Rom zu tun haben.

Im Falle der Auflösung der Organisation, soll der Name 'Nova Roma' und die Internet Adresse
www.novaroma.org an die Gründer von Nova Roma, Joseph Bloch und William K. Bradford,
zurückfallen. Wenn diese nicht erreichbar sind, oder die Verantwortung für die Internet
Adresse nicht übernehmen wollen, dann wird der Name auf dem offenen Markt zugänglich
gemacht und an den Meistbietenden verkauft, wobei die erlangte Summe für die Tilgung der
Schulden der Organisation gebraucht werden soll und der Rest and gemeinnützige
Organisationen abgegeben werden soll, wie oben genannt.

Artikel 5. Die Adresse, welche für die Arbeit der Organisation benützt werden soll, ist:

Nova Roma
P.O.Box 1560
Raymond, NH 03077

Artikel 6. Die Menge an Geldmitteln, falls vorhanden, oder die Anzahl von Anteilsscheinen oder
Mitgliedschaftszertifikaten, falls vorhanden, und die Bedingungen für Rückzug, Wiederaquisition
und Rückkauf dieser Anteile und Zertifikate sind die folgenden:

Keine Anteile, Geldsummen oder Zertifikate werden von Nova Roma herausgegeben.

Artikel 7. Die Bedingungen, welche die persönliche Haftung eines Direktors, Offiziers, oder von
beiden gegenüber der Organisation und ihren Teilhabern für finanzielle Schäden, Veruntreuung durch
einen Direktor, Offizier, oder von beiden aufheben oder limitieren, sind die folgenden:

Direktoren, Offiziere, Magistraten und Pontifices von Nova Roma, können nicht persönlich
für finanzielle Schäden und Veruntreuungen haftbar gemacht werden, ausser wenn man Vergehen
gegen die zivilen Gesetze oder Transaktionen, aus denen der Offizielle einen unmittelbaren
persönlichen Gewinn zieht, aufdeckt.

Artikel 8. Unterschriften und Postadressen aller Personen, welche zusammen die Organisation
gründen.

Subject: [Nova-Roma] Re: Resignation as Tribunus
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:03:27 -0000

Salve amice.

Don´t feel more embarrased. I guess more than one citizen shall
consider that mistake as that, a mistake. If I can say something,
Tribunus Davianus has told us while climbing the amphitheatre and the
theatre the whole thing and well, errare humanum est.
Emerita Augusta ("Little Rome" as it was called) has been a splendid
meeting, as our Propraetor will tell all, and we have felt the lucky
thing of having near the wonderful heritage of Rome.
As an idea for all Nova Roma provinces it could be interesting to
make a map of roman spots in each province to help other provincial
citizens in their sightseing when in travel.
And I´m sure much of the ideas we have discussed of can be translated
into Nova Roma in the future.

Vale,

L. Didius Geminus Sceptius
Hispania

> On the other hand, I and many others citizens of Hispania were
absent for a three days because we all have decided to assist
together to the "Roman Festival" of Emerita Augusta in Western Spain
for three days.
>
> Valetote omnes
> [Farewell all of you.]
>
> Cl. Salix Davianus
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] Re: In Magistratuum Aetatem
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 05:06:04 -0500
>>So, for the benefit of our other younger citizens let me restate just some
>>of the opportunites that are available.<<

My thanks to you, Lucius Cornelius Sulla Felix, for your assistance in this
matter. Among your suggestions were several things that I had not thought
of, but will indeed consider.

Again my gratitude,

Drusilla Cornelia Crispina Orbiana

Subject: [Nova-Roma] a bit about me
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 05:21:32 -0500
Drusilla Cornelia Crispina Orbiana suae S.P.D.

As I believe it is a custom on most lists to give a brief introduction of
oneself when one would like to be active in the group, I here include just a
brief bit of information about myself.

I have the lamentable fortune of not being a citizen of Nova Roma at this
moment, though my application has been duly sent in. After lurking about the
website for many months I decided to join the illustrious Gens Cornelia, a
decision which hopefully is pleasing to the members of said family.

After the brief exchange of emails yesterday morning you all know that I am
16 years of age and hope someday to serve in a magisterial capacity, but for
now will endeavor to serve in any other way which I am allowed. In addition
to my interest in politics I cultivate a love for the Latin language,
literature, and the occasional military undertaking. I'm also a bit of an
artist; my preferred formats are fresco and mosaic.

Now that I've bored everyone to tears with too much information, I'll simply
say that it has been an unceasing delight watching from the fringes (as it
were) of society, and I only hope that I may contribute something
worthwhile.

Avete omnes, et gratias vobis ago.

Crispina

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] Alternate Histories Of Rome
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:16:13 EDT
Actually, the Misplaced Legion series dealt with 9 maniples during the Gallic
Wars being transported with a single Celtic chieftain to a world that
resembled the Byzantine Empire under the Comenid Dynasty. The religion of
that world was a Dualism and magic functioned as a normal adjunct. The
series was very well written with numerous fictional derivations from
Caesar's Commentaries on the Gallic Wars to the Comeniad. Turtledove is a
master of the alternative history of Byzantium, WWII, and the Confederacy.

F.Galerius Aurelianus Secundus

Subject: Re: [Nova-Roma] re: G. Cassius Nerva
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 16:29:35 EDT
Actually, 395 CE is the upper limit of our time period; this being the year
that the Altar of Victory was removed from the Senate House at the order of
Theodosius. Our period covers the founding of Rome in 753 B.C. to 395 CE (or
1149 AUC) so includes the period of the Kings of Rome, the Republic, the
Principate, and the Empire. If I interpret the Constitution correctlym the
prinicpal cornerstones of our state rests on the Religio Romana and the Roman
Virtues and the politics are secondary to those points. Of course, I could
be mistaken.